Just saying hi | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just saying hi Just saying hi

Unread 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Just saying hi

Hi everyone! I just joined today, have a vaginal hysterectomy with an anterior and posterior repair scheduled for March 28.

I live in Ontario, Canada. I have been reading and it is good to see everyone has similar concerns.

I am sure I will post more questions as I get closer and closer to my surgery date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Re: Just saying hi

Welcome Canadianchic! This site has been so valuable to me as i continue to prepare for surgery. The support is amazing! I might be crazy by now, if i didn't have my hystersisters to lean on, cry too, get excited (relief finally) with, and even express my fears. I am sure you will find the same support. It is best site you wish you never needed. I'm sorry you are on this journey. But welcome!

Tina
Unread 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM

Hello!! Love this site! I am scheduled for a Da Vinci TVH on January 31st.. This site is awesome..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Hello CanadianChic. Nice to meet you!

Ask away, and don't think any question is too goofy, personal, or weird to ask.
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Right now I am wondering about the drive home from the hospital, because I live about an hour away so I am wondering how painful that car ride is going to be.
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:00 PM

Hi Canadianchic! I live near Vancouver, BC. I had a TVH almost 7 months ago. I also had an hour ride home from hospital. I had DH bring a pillow for the car, reclined the seat back and held the seatbelt off my tummy the whole way. It wasn't a fun ride, it felt like forever and I felt every bump in the road. Make sure you have something comfy to wear home that is loose around the waist. It also helps if you plan your discharge time about 20 minutes after your pain meds. Good luck to you, please ask all your questions. We are here to support you.
Unread 01-28-2012, 03:14 AM

A small pillow to put between your belly and the seat belt works wonders. I don't know if they are available in Canada, but these pillow pet things are are over the place in the United States. They are flat stuffed animals that can be velcro-ed into pillows. They come in two sizes - regular and "peewee". I have found that the peewee sized parrot is perfect for seat belt/belly use. And he's kind of cute staring up at me.

You could also ask the nurse for something for pain right before you leave. It would literally be "one for the road".
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:09 AM

Hi! I'm in Ontario as well! Scheduled to be at st Mike's for 9:00am surgery. Everything is coming out....and I am so ready to be done with the constant discomfort. Good luck to you!!
Unread 01-28-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianchic View Post
Hi everyone! I just joined today, have a vaginal hysterectomy with an anterior and posterior repair scheduled for March 28.

I live in Ontario, Canada. I have been reading and it is good to see everyone has similar concerns.

I am sure I will post more questions as I get closer and closer to my surgery date.
Hi and welcome!

I had your same surgery and am in Ontario. You can right click my handle and see all messages I have posted. It might help you out. Feel free to private message me too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register