Scheduled dVH/RALH Feeling down and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling down and scared Feeling down and scared

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Feeling down and scared

I'm 10 days to my dVH. My doctor is taking everything because I have coplex hyperplasia and I am a 9 year breast cancer survivor . I'm only 45 now. Its hard for me because I am not in pain and had no symptoms except for heavy periods until recently . I was never able to have children so that's not why I'm down Its just that I feel fine and have a great husband of 23 years and have been through so much already . But after my dr and c I was.told at pre op appt that theres a 20% chance of cancer hiding deeper in the thickened endometrium. Thanks to tamoxifen for five years after chemo and radiation for the BC. So I have that to worry about in addition to my fear of dying on the table cuz the robotic hands nicked an artery or my bladder . Sorry this is so long. I am new to this site and just needed to vent. Good luck to all my sisters going in the week of June 15.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Re: Feeling down and scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor 9 View Post
I'm 10 days to my dVH. My doctor is taking everything because I have coplex hyperplasia and I am a 9 year breast cancer survivor . I'm only 45 now. Its hard for me because I am not in pain and had no symptoms except for heavy periods until recently . I was never able to have children so that's not why I'm down Its just that I feel fine and have a great husband of 23 years and have been through so much already . But after my dr and c I was.told at pre op appt that theres a 20% chance of cancer hiding deeper in the thickened endometrium. Thanks to tamoxifen for five years after chemo and radiation for the BC. So I have that to worry about in addition to my fear of dying on the table cuz the robotic hands nicked an artery or my bladder . Sorry this is so long. I am new to this site and just needed to vent. Good luck to all my sisters going in the week of June 15.
Oh I'm so sorry you are experiencing all of this! I was there a mere 2 weeks ago!
I'm thin, had no issues other than a wonky period and 'viola',
Complex Hyperplasia w atypical cells!!!??? What?! Even my Gyno was surprised.
I felt so good before surgery, kept second guessing my decision!
Kept thinking, here I am healthy, no bleeding, what the heck am I doing?!! Read all the posts here and kept thinking I was nowhere near what these dear ladies were going through. All the heavy bleeding and fibroids. It just wasn't my case.
But the harsh reality was... I had the icky hyperplasia and being 55
Oncologist said everything goes!!!
My mom had stage IV ovarian so taking those was probably going to ease my mind anyhoo.

I'm here to let you know that, it's ok, promise
I had the Robotic and what I have are thee tiniest 5 lap sites left on my belly! Swelling is going down. It's a big, big, surgery no doubt but we all get through it. You will too!!!

Take a deep breath, smile and take your hubby out to dinner
Unread 06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Re: Feeling down and scared

Hi Sweetie,
I'm sorry you have to have another surgery and also could possibly be facing the big "C" again. That sucks. Given your symptoms and even with only a 20% chance of cancer being there, the best wisdom is to go through with it. IF cancer is there, and I'm hoping not, very likely it will be an early stage and the surgery could be the full cure. FYI, many women with endometrial cancer and or complex hyperplasia with atypia, etc. had no pains or discomforts - I was one - so that alone is not assurance the nasty disease is not present.
Robotics surgery is becoming very popular and many women here have had it with zero issues; perhaps you can discuss any concerns with your doctors and get their reassurance. Also, pls feel welcomed to post on our Cancer Concerns Forum re issues related to cancer, etc; the women there are very supportive and know what it's like to be told cancer possibly could be lurking, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register