oozing incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oozing incision oozing incision

Unread 10-15-2006, 06:51 AM
oozing incision

Had a TAH on Oct 4th..things went well...dr even did a small tummy tuck to clean up my scar from previous c-sections. My incision has been really swollen on one side and when I had my staples removed last week the nurse told me not to worry, that things should start flattening out now that the staples are gone. Here's the gross part...all the scabs that had formed on my incision were pulled off with the staples..ouch!..for the most part things have scabbed over again, except for about an inch on one side (the side that was swollen before) I can see that scabs are trying to form but it's just very "moist" and kinda "sticky" feeling. I haven't noticed any odor (my castle discharge papers said to watch for an odor) and it doesn't really hurt. I'm just wondering if it's anything to be concerned with or should I give it a few more days(I go for my 2-week dr visit on wed.)? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2006, 07:44 AM
oozing incision

I would call your dr, they may need to take a look at it. It may be nothing at all but better to make sure you have no infection!
Im jealous I wish I would have gotten a tummy tuck too!
Unread 10-15-2006, 08:24 AM
oozing incision

Well seems you know what to look for, smell, hotness, red lines..those are infection signs...I had quite a bit of oozing, in an area that kinda over lapped, from a previous c-section..and that area oozed..NASTY..just kinda sticky to the touch, and gets kinda crusty..my doc said (when i called paranoid) to clean it a few times a day with peroxide (it doesnt hurt at all just tickles) and then pat dry..either leave uncovered to air dry or take your hair dryer to dry it really good...it will clear up soon, mine took about 2 1/2 weeks to completely clear up, but i think itsbecause I chose to air dry...each time my hubby cleaned it. (2x a day) Best of luck and DONT panic. If you feel worried enought MOST DEF> call your doc. But from what you say it sounds like just normal surgical oozing. Take it easy hun.. Mil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2006, 08:55 AM
oozing incision

Just keep your eye on it and as suggested by Mileena maybe use peroxide and blow dry it - that does help dry it out and keep it clean. If you are concerned, call your Dr. I had slight oozing on one side and it was nothing, used peroxide and the hair dryer, it healed together great, but I got an infection in another area that I wasn't even worried about. Strange but true. Caught it early so I am happy.

I would of loved a tummy tuck but they wanted too much mula.

Take care and keep your eye on it.
Unread 10-15-2006, 10:00 PM
oozing incision

My dr said to expect some oozing from the incision. That is one reson they do staples kinda far apart to let the incision drain some. When I had my staples removed last Tues, he siad that there will still be a small amount of oozing as it still heals.
My drainage was like yours, all on the one side of the incision. Even in the hospital the day after, it was the worst and actually bleed quite abit. It was due to me not resting enough as they gave me codiene and it made me bounce off the walls.
Hope you are doing great on healing as it sounds you probably are. Going fine here, just some soreness and tendrness.
Unread 10-16-2006, 04:19 AM
oozing incision

When in doubt, call your doctor. S/he may give you instructions over the telephone or may want to see you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register