I guess I'm ready. Thank you all | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I guess I'm ready.  Thank you all I guess I'm ready. Thank you all

Unread 07-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I guess I'm ready. Thank you all

My surgery is on Monday. As the date has approached, I find that I am less nervous. This forum has been great for information and support - and I look forward to being on the other side!
My surgery is due to a large tumor found just a few months ago, and I think I'm ready to deal with that too - whether it is benign or malignant. I'm just going to deal with one concern at a time.
I am just spending the weekend with my husband, going to different summer fests, and enjoying eachother for these last couple of days. I find that it takes the stress out of the day -leaving just the night for me to worry! Just two more sleepless nights to go! :-)
I really just wanted to thank those who have supported me - and thank Hyster sisters for this forum. It was really a great comfort to know that others have gone down this path before, had similar fears and concerns, at a time when I felt I was the only one.
I'll be thinking of you on Monday - thank you all again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Dear wolfgang37, I get my turn the day after you. This has been a great place and will be great once we are up and about to visit the post-op boards. I seem to be more nervous now with the last minute to do's. I know once they put that mask on my face it's lights out and wake to another adventure. I wish you all the best, perhaps I'll catch up with you later. Take care and heal well, Cris
Unread 07-14-2007, 10:40 AM

I agree. These forums have really helped me to get ready for my upcoming surgery, too. In fact, when I first came on here, I didn't even think I would be getting a hyst. at all, nor was I, in any way, prepared to get one. I thought I'd just do a bit of lurking to get some endo support! I can't believe how much I've changed in just one month!

Gotta go eat lunch, but just wanted to wish you the best for your surgery on Monday!

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 11:27 AM

I'm going Monday to and I don't know if this is the calm before the storm but I'm feeling ok about the whole thing. One thing I have noticed is I'm eating everything I can get my hands on...emotion eating. I keep saying I'll get it under control next week.

I've also tried to get a lot done this week in preperation. Cleaning, laundry, grocery shoping so that I won't worry about it not getting done next week.

Good luck to every one! See you on the post-op board
Unread 07-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am booked to go this week too. I am still anxious, sometimes tearful, scared. My emotions are running wild. I find out for sure on Monday the exact day, its either Wed the 18th or Friday the 20th. I will be so happy when its all over and I am going down the other side.
Take care everyone!
Unread 07-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Best to all of you "ladies in waiting" -- I'm just over 3 weeks out and can honestly say that this is a huge life event but well worth it. I can't believe how RELIEVED AND HEALTHY I feel after this short bit of time.

I wish you all well and stay positive, walking and asking for help (or solitude!) when you need it. Before long, this part will all just be a big blur.

Looking forward to hearing from each of you on the post-op board when you feel up to it!
Cat
Unread 07-14-2007, 06:19 PM

This is a great place,isn't it? I know it calmed alot of my fears,and just gave me someone to "talk" to,when noone was around.

For all of you going to the Castle this week.I wish you all a speedy recovery.Make sure you stop over on the post-op side when you feel up to it and let us know how you are doing.

Before you know it,it will all be done and you will be a !!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register