Energy from pain meds ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Energy from pain meds ?? Energy from pain meds ??

Unread 04-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Energy from pain meds ??

Does anybody else get an energy boost from taking percocet ?

This is so weird, usually in the past, I'd take pain meds (lortab, darvocet, vicodin) & be foggy headed & dizzy & feel yuck, but it would help with the pain.

This time, taking percocet, it takes away the pain, gives me a boost of energy, & I'm not foggy headed at all. Other than saying the wrong word once in a while, my head doesn't feel altered at all.

I'm only taking 1/2 (2.5 mg) about 1-2 times a day, & 1/2 at night, but I'm worried already cause I like the little energy boost that it gives me.

Do I have more energy because my body isn't fighting the pain ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Energy from pain meds ??

As you know, the pain med cannot give you energy. I think you are right in assuming that taking the med makes you feel better, leaving you freer to get on with things in the absence of pain. Glad to hear it's working so well for you.

Take care, Princess.....................s.....Deb
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Energy from pain meds ??

I have had the same thing. When I take Percocet the pain goes away, my body is no longer exhausted from fighting the pain, and I am completely and fully alert and awake. I use the time to do my crossword puzzles...lol! It's when I think the best. I was on the drug for about 1-1/2 weeks before my surgery, after the Lortab quit working, and noticed the alert thing immediately. The first few times I took it at night I couldn't sleep right away and had to sit up doing puzzles or surf the net until it wore off. It's actually a really great thing to take before your walks. I take a half tablet about twenty minutes before my walk and find I am able to move much better and have so much more energy. Just don't overdo it. I am always very cautious of that.

I am right there with ya sista!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Energy from pain meds ??

Pain meds give me energy also. My dr. said it is very rare but it does happen. Just don't over do it cuz you feel good. I used the time to get on the computer and to read. Here's to a speedy recovery
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Energy from pain meds ??

Lortab does the same thing to me. If I take Lortab at dinnertime or later, I am literally up all night. I had my TAH last week, and am tapering off the Percocet (they just put me to sleep). My doctor gave me Lortab today, so I'm already concerned with what I'll do if I need pain relief at night.
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Energy from pain meds ??

cocoa1, thanks girl, I thought I was convincing myself, LOL. It is strange though, I was dragging butt from 2 pm til about 6:30, seriously, I could hardly lift my head off the pillow in bed. I took 1/2 a perc, & now feel energized & great.

I'm just glad I made the connection, so I can be extremely careful with them. ya know.

SisterJB, can you take a tylenol PM or something similar ?

DizinerDiva, thanks for the idea, I will take it before my walk.

Hugs to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register