What to wear. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to wear. What to wear.

Unread 05-27-2011, 08:40 AM
What to wear.

I'm 3+ weeks post op...vaginal hysterectomy and full pelvic floor repair.My first "big" day out today ( lunch with girlfriends) and would like to wear jeans not track pants, which have been wearing constantly..Is this okay, I tried them on and they felt okay ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Re: What to wear.

I put a pear on yesterday my first trip out to the grocery store and I wanted to rip them off half way through the store before I even unloaded the grocerys I changed. I am 15 days post op today I was suprised at how swollen I was last night just from a trip to the store and some soup and bread making totally wiped me out I felt terrible last night. I think they may feel good at first but once your up and around and after a full belly you may be very uncomfortable. Maybe a dress or leggings even leggings the waist band to me would bother me. Sounds wonderful to have lunch with the girls have a good time.
Unread 05-27-2011, 09:03 AM

I'm 7 days out and wearing my jeans. While they are tight due to swelling they aren't overly so. If they fit I say go for it! Have a great time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Sure!
You can wear whatever fits you and makes you feel comfortable.
I was still bloated with swelly belly, so I couldn't until about 6 weeks.

If you can fit into a pair of your pants, or buy a larger size with elastic, all the power to you!

I bought some nice elastic Dockers style capris at Costco.
They were $18.99.
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:08 AM

Thanks ladies for the prompt replies...Seems like a mixed bag of advice so I guess depends on everyone individually,mmm..I'm a better safe than sorry kinda gal and as i dont have any nice lose fitting clothes, back to track pants..Oh well, it wont spoil my day
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM

I am so not a track pant girl and my jeans bother me at my incision site. I have been wearing dreses or more oftne than not some nice yoga pants. I got them on sale at bloomies but they are really adorable and look cute with any kind of shirt (tanks mostly) and flats. Wear what is comfortable not what is fashionable and that is hard for me to adhere to but it is important.
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:40 AM

I've been wearing nightshirts (no pants) but today I found a pair of shorts one size too large and they seem to be okay (I can pull them up OVER my ports) so they don't seem to irritate.
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:56 AM

I am so envious of anyone who is able to wear something other than pj's. I can't even wear underwear at this point. I'm sending my hubby to the store later to get me some that are 2 sizes too big. I still have swelly belly and mine dig in and cause some serious pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register