Thanksgiving Dinner? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thanksgiving Dinner? Thanksgiving Dinner?

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug78
I personally wasn't ready to eat anything too solid at that point due to the fact that I hadn't had a BM yet!
I have to say, that was not a problem for me. I wasn't hungry as often, but didn't seem to have an issue with eating "real" food.

My surgery was on a Monday. That afternoon, I ordered a cheese plate (laughable as it was sliced processed cheese and saltines....sorry..as a wine person...that was lame); then for dinner chicken (tough as nails). The next morning I ordered oatmeal and for lunch chicken soup and cottage cheese...which I didn't finish....but once home I did wolf down a chicken caesar salad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

[quote=GizmoCat]That being said, my sister had a mastectomy the week before Thanksgiving and had 26 people at the table a week later (in 1984). QUOTE]

OH MY! When I had my breast removed I couldn't move my arm for weeks afterwards with out feelink like everything was going to rip out!
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

[quote=LavendeRose]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoCat
That being said, my sister had a mastectomy the week before Thanksgiving and had 26 people at the table a week later (in 1984). QUOTE]

OH MY! When I had my breast removed I couldn't move my arm for weeks afterwards with out feelink like everything was going to rip out!
Ah, see, we are all different.

I had my gallbladder removed the week after Thanksgiving that year, 1984. My daugher turned 1 the day after Thanksgiving. My surgery was on a Wednesday, the old fashioned way, so I left the hospital the following Tuesday...that Friday I was at a Christmas Party....didn't dance, but I ate and watched. :-)

Of course, I was also the one who went to a party seven days after my daughter was born. Party on

It all comes down to the individual....some of us will say "GO FOR IT!" Others will say "NO WAY!!" LOL!
Unread 10-30-2007, 04:17 AM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

Hey, where in NJ are you from? I'm originally from Somerset County. My surgery is also on the 19th. I'm not planning on any socializing this year for turkey day. Honestly, I hope the doc keeps me in the hospital an extra day so the family doesn't have to make the trip to the hospital on Thanksgiving to come and get me (the hospital is 2 hours away). I don't want to ruin their day!
Best wishes to you. Let's keep in touch after the big day .

Sojourner
Unread 10-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

I have my surgery on the 9th and have ordered a turkey and ham, and peach cobbler for our Turkey day. As, the whole family has come to our home for years. I usually go all out..as I am called the over achiever, I plan on making all of the pies ans some of the sides this week and all DH hubby has to do is thaw and heat. I had ablation last year just a few days before Turkey day and I could not have cooked dinner. Everyone brought a side and DH and father in law cooked the turkies. I doubt you will be able to cook. Just sit back and let them cater to you
Unread 10-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

I also am having my surgery on November 19th. We have been invited for dinner but it's an hour away!!! I will just wait and see how I feel.
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanksgiving Dinner?

Sojourner, I am in Monmouth Cty...
Thanks for all the input gals, I guess the majority is just wait and see. My mom is realistic and is really leaving it up to me. She literally lives about three blocks away, so travel is not really an issue. I thought about sending everyone else to moms, although 15yo DD says she doesn't want me to be alone on Thanksgiving (but that might be nice!!) As some of you said, I may not be that hungry that day, but will enjoy some leftovers!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register