Good & Bad News... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good & Bad News... Good & Bad News...

Unread 04-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Good & Bad News...

Hi Sisters

Well the good news is that I had my 6 week post op check on Wednesday afternoon (although it was nearer 7 weeks) and everything went great. The Doctor said the little amount of discharge that I was still having should settle very soon. I was also very surprised that I never felt any pain when he examined me.

The Doctor also said it was best if we left sex for another couple of weeks because of my catheter problems. (That's the bad news) My hubby was with me during my appointment and was so supportive. He is also really pleased that everything is healing well since my hysterectomy.

Now the bad news......

Last Monday I had my second trial to remove my indwelling urethral catheter, but it failed. The nurses were in and out of my house all day long, and by 7pm that night they had to put the catheter back in as I was in so much pain.

Apart from the fact that I could not intitiate urine by myself, thus putting me into retention, I would then take spasms which were so bad I wet myself. The antispasmodict drugs they gave me prior to the trial never worked either.

What can I say, other than I was so deflated by everything and I was in so much pain with my tummy and back (Thank god for pain meds) that all I did was cry like a baby all night. Sadly, I have now been told that the final outcome for me is more surgery, maybe sometime this year or early next.

Hubby has been absolutely fantastic as usual, he snuggles into me in bed all night long. I think he is scared to let me go incase I run away while he is asleep LOL.

I suppose I am very lucky, as hubby also has this amazing ability to turn things around and make me laugh. He also helps me to see that although I have these problems, there are people out there with no health care system what so ever and are therefore a lot worse off than myself.

Take care girls

Luv and S
Peachy xxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Good & Bad News...

So sorry to hear about the cath problems. Man that has to be hard on you. I take it you are seeing a urologist,for all of this.

Oh, and you hubby sounds wonderful....does he have a brother? I would like to marry him ! ....LOL....

Take care...

MuchLuv,
Kate-aka-Waldo
Unread 04-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Good & Bad News...

Treasure him, Peachy!! You have a true prince of a man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Good & Bad News...

Thanks girls for your replies. Waldo he does have a brother but he is married aswell LOL. I do attend a Urologist and have done so for over eight years now. I had a colposuspension performed eight years back which went badly wrong and left me with problems lasting all of this time.

I had a urethral dilation on September 2003 (One of many) which helped for a couple of weeks only, Then my prolapse appeared in December 2003 which made everything worse. Then 14 months ago I went in for another dilation of the urethra and never recovered to the point that I have had my catheter ever since. I also needed the prolapse dealt with before anything further could be done with my bladder.

Therefore my Urologist referred me to a Gynaecologist who was for want of a better word absolutely crap. My Urologist was very angry with this man and went on to refer me for a second opinion with another Gynaecologist, at another hospital, who turned out to be a wonderful man.

This Doctor performed my hysterectomy with absolutely no problems what so ever. He also worked on my bladder a little bit when he was in and hoped things may resolve with my bladder without further surgery, but sadly it never worked out. But, at least he tried.

So you could say it has been a very long struggle, and I always thank God for how lucky I am to have a husband who has been 100% by my side. Not once through all of this has he turned away from me.

Like most of us women when we are sometimes feeling low or something, we might see people on TV who look really good and make a comment about them. Well when I do, my hubby will always say something back to me like "Those women are not as gorgeous as my wife." Such a simple little comment like that can and does make me feel really good. Silly Huh!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register