pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:13 AM
pain

Hello All,
I keep getting lost on the site. I had a da vinci hysterectomy on Oct 20th. What was supose to be a 30-60 minute proceedure turnedint six hours. I had a massive fibroid tumor which I knew, but it was attached to my bladder and uterus. It took the robot 3 hoursto free the melon size fibroid. It also took twohours to release the uters itself from my c-section scar tissue which was unbelievable thick. I was sent home the next morning, surewis I could have tayed one morenigh the home is not set up for one to rest comfortable.
I took 12 clce over three days nd atea wholebx of prunes had raw honey lots of fiber and water, frida evening around three am I was never is so much pain in my life. I wa impacted wth stool. My husband hd to run and get me twobottles of Magnisium citrate. I took in one bottle and waited. By 6:30 am I was going but the pain wa unbearable I passed out. literally past 8 lbsof stool. Iweighed myself before hand then again afte the sclae read 11 lbs lighter. I have extreem bowl intestine pain today stool is soft, I am using phylium (pearls express) How long does the bowel pain last? Pardon the errors in my typing my son spilled on our key board. thanks sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Re: How long does the bowel pain last?

For me it was about 4 weeks... right after I started benefiber 3x day.. I had tried everything else prior.. and it seemed to help fairly quickly. I do not have any more of that painful heaviness the persisted prior to having a bm and now I am like clock work.. good luck and also drink lots of water!!
Unread 10-26-2009, 11:12 AM

Wow, I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain! I had a DaVinci hysterectomy on 10/9. Mine took 6 hours too but it was because my uterus was attached to my intestines. My doctor had prescribed a pretty intense bowel prep before my surgery so it took me a couple days to even have a BM. Most of my pain was really from the gas. Have you taken any gas medicine? Actually having a BM hurt for probably at least a week and a half. Make sure you drink a lot of water too. Hang in there, it does get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2009, 11:37 AM

hi sweetie, I'm 10 days post-op and still having bowel pain. It hurts to go - no matter what the consistency; it even hurts to pass gas. It is annoying. I feel a sense of dread as soon as its time to go to the bathroom. I'm trying to eat right, drink enough water and have been taking stool softeners every day but like I said - it hurts no matter what. Seems to be getting better each day so I'm just hanging in there waiting... Be good to yourself: this too, shall pass.
Unread 10-26-2009, 12:35 PM

OMG I am going to die!!! I am drinking alot of water doing everything that people her are elling me already. Honestly it fees like a broom handle is stuck up my rectum. Sorry for th graphics but my god there has got to be something I can take that won;t cnstipate me. I am calling the doctor, this is redculous.
Unread 10-26-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love da vinci View Post
Hello All,
I keep getting lost on the site. I had a da vinci hysterectomy on Oct 20th. What was supose to be a 30-60 minute proceedure turnedint six hours. I had a massive fibroid tumor which I knew, but it was attached to my bladder and uterus. It took the robot 3 hoursto free the melon size fibroid. It also took twohours to release the uters itself from my c-section scar tissue which was unbelievable thick. I was sent home the next morning, surewis I could have tayed one morenigh the home is not set up for one to rest comfortable.
I took 12 clce over three days nd atea wholebx of prunes had raw honey lots of fiber and water, frida evening around three am I was never is so much pain in my life. I wa impacted wth stool. My husband hd to run and get me twobottles of Magnisium citrate. I took in one bottle and waited. By 6:30 am I was going but the pain wa unbearable I passed out. literally past 8 lbsof stool. Iweighed myself before hand then again afte the sclae read 11 lbs lighter. I have extreem bowl intestine pain today stool is soft, I am using phylium (pearls express) How long does the bowel pain last? Pardon the errors in my typing my son spilled on our key board. thanks sisters
Just another idea for you: My doctor is having me drink lots of fluids of course, but also using a glycerin suppository. I was afraid of the cramping it would cause, but it hasn't given me any. I am taing the daily stool softener too and drinking lots of V8, apple juice, and cranberry juice. He did say I could use an enema, but I didn't want to try it, but keep it in mind if the others are too much for you still. Take care.
Unread 10-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Hi all
I am NOT CONSTIPATED WHAT SO EVER!! I Had a very large painful BM today. It is the constant pain like I have a broom handle stuck up my rectum.
Unread 10-26-2009, 01:35 PM

Love Da Vinci, I am soooooo sorry you are in such pain... imagine passing out, I have been so pained during BMs I sweat, get dizzy even and my blood pressure drops but thank goodness not lost consciousness! My prayers are with you...

I am almost 3 weeks post-op and still having bowel movement pain! As far as something that can help once the doctor prescribes something to help release it is breathing techniques. My husband literally squats near me, hold my hand and does deep breathing exercises to help me while having a BM. Thing is I often have the same thing as you (feeling like you have a broomstick stuck up there that won't come out) and the deep breathing has actually worked to make it come out. It DOES take a longer time than I might want to actually be sitting on the toilet but it DOES WORK! The filling the lungs with all that extra air helps the lungs to press down on your bowels and get them moving.... Try it! And I hope you get to feeling better and lots of relief VERY SOON!

-K
Unread 10-26-2009, 03:38 PM

Hello sister
Calld the doctor she told me to get some gas x and take3 of them My loving hubby got me some rght away. Youguys I am pain free!!! who woulda thaught. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. now I feel great!!!
Kristen
Unread 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM

Hi!!
I'm 9 weeks post op and have irritable bowel syndrome as well. I refused to take narcotic pain meds. after the first day of surgery and started taking miralax immediately post op. I finally went 2 days after surgery and was passing gas the next day. Miralax 3 times a day and no narcotics should help you go. I'm still not 100% straightened out in that respect. The antibiotics helped keep it moving. Just don't push too hard. I tried to keep it moving. Some of the fiber products create more gas and that becomes more uncomfortable than the constipation. My uterus was attached to my colon and my bladder joined the uterus after uterine repair in June. It will come.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register