Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Scared

Hi ladies... I'm pretty new here and haven't posted much. I have my pre-op consultation and exam on Tuesday the 6th and I'm all-of-a-sudden very scared. I'm going to be talking to the GYN, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist...making all kinds of decisions together for the sugery I'm having on the 19th. Anybody else kinda lose it the days before the surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Scared

Hi Kitten, Kinda scared?? How about scared to death?? I've never had any kind of surgery, ever. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday March 6, but everything will be fine for both of us. At my pre-op visit my doctor was willing to listen to my concerns and has agreed to do a supracervical only. Again, we both will be fine.
Unread 03-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbevill
Hi Kitten, Kinda scared?? How about scared to death?? I've never had any kind of surgery, ever. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday March 6, but everything will be fine for both of us. At my pre-op visit my doctor was willing to listen to my concerns and has agreed to do a supracervical only. Again, we both will be fine.
I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday. I'm glad you found the pre op helpful. I hope they are as eager to listen to me...What's a supracervical?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Scared

SAH, Supracervical Abdonimal Hysterectomy removes only the uterus, leaving everything else intact. Unless of course there are unseen issues during surgery. Best wishes to you.
Unread 03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Scared

Kitten - I must admit that some of my feelings of scared have turned to acceptance. Now matter what happens I am not in control and I will not know what is going on during that time anyway. The best I can do it take care of myself right now and prepare as best I can my house, sort of like nesting! ;-) Just know that there are many women thinking and praying for you!
Unread 03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Scared

Hi, I am queen of scared. I almost cancelled my surgery I was so scared but I did not. I truly was terrified and saw my family dr the day before surgery. He offered to prescribe something for my nerves which I ended up not taking. He came to see me at the hospital and actually told me he truly thought I would not show up for the surgery. But, if we need to do it, we do. Don't worry everything will go well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good luck.
Unread 03-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Scared

OH, yeah. I understand exactly how you feel. But we have no choice, right? It's kind of time to give it up to God (or your higher power), lay back and think nice, positive thoughts. I'm going in on the 21st. If you want to be e-mail buddies until then (and afterwards), my e-mail is opalescent@comcast.net. We can be strung-out, off-the-wall nervous together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten1972
Hi ladies... I'm pretty new here and haven't posted much. I have my pre-op consultation and exam on Tuesday the 6th and I'm all-of-a-sudden very scared. I'm going to be talking to the GYN, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist...making all kinds of decisions together for the sugery I'm having on the 19th. Anybody else kinda lose it the days before the surgery?
Unread 03-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Scared

Thanks so much everybody...It helps to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I appreciate the advice too... gotta start working on acceptance. Thanks again---

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register