4 1/2 months post op and sudden, new tenderness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 1/2 months post op and sudden, new tenderness 4 1/2 months post op and sudden, new tenderness

Unread 02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
4 1/2 months post op and sudden, new tenderness

About 2 inches above my incision it's very tender to the touch today. No fever, no vomitting, etc. I can also feel it when I stand up, definitely very tender when I press on it.

I made an appointment today to be seen. The pain isn't excruciating but definitely enough to be bothersome.

anyone had new tenderness at 4 1/2 months??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Re: 4 1/2 months post op and sudden, new tenderness

I most certainly have. My incision is healing and the feeling is coming back to life. Certain areas I can rub and it still feels numb. Other areas, it feels like when you go to the dentist and your lips/cheek are coming out of the numbing. Sounds weird I know! I cant say what I am feeling is actually pain, it is just different. Almost like it really isnt my stomach. When I sit up, its like my stomach is still laying down. I hold my stomach and then it kind of comes around. I have read some other posts and I think this is kind of normal. BUT, if you are having really bad pain, then I would most definitely go to the Dr. Better to be safe, than sorry.

Take Care!
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM

Hi, I am 4 1/2 months post op and still have some aches and pains but nothing new. Please post & tell us what the doc has to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2010, 12:40 PM

I also have pain in that area also. I think it is just the nerves waking back up.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Just got back from the doctor. She said everything looked fine- she did a pelvic exam and there is a tender area but she feels it can be muscular too. She said another possibility is my appendix but my pain isn't that severe, there's no vomitting, diarrhea, fever or anything that makes her suspect that I have that. But if the pain doesn't get better, or increases later today or tomorrow I'm to go back to see her or go to the ER if it's after hours.
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Well, I go to the Dr. tomorrow for my 6 week ck up. I will see what he has to say regarding my weird feelings. I will let you guys know when I get back. I think it is like wackycamper said...it is just the nerves coming back to life.

Have a great evening to all!
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:48 AM

Jeanne- Glad to hear that things look good.
Unread 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks--today it's a little better but there's still some tenderness in that area. Like brusing deep inside.

Probably is some new healing wave coming on. Maybe that means the numbness I have close to that area will eventually get better? I hope so. Maybe just wishful thinking.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register