d&c and Myosure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

d&c and Myosure d&c and Myosure

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:38 PM
d&c and Myosure

Hi all. I'm Meg, I'm 32 and childless, so I'm obviously not a candidate for a hysterectomy, but you guys seem to be the only place on the web where I can find some real answers. I have had flooding episodes in front of classes (I'm a teacher) and many other scary bleeding incidents. Long story short, I finally dealt with them, went to my GYN and was diagnosed with a single 6cm fibroid. Gyn recommended a D&C to stem the constant bleeding and spotting, along with a Myosure procedure to rid me of the fibroid, which I had this past Monday, 12/9/13, with no complications. This brings me to my problem:

The bleeding WON'T go away. It will stop for half a day or so and then it's back, full force. It's sometimes almost bright red, then pink, then brown. Every time I think I'm free and getting back to normal, boom! Has anyone had this procedure or something similar who can provide me with some reassurance that this is normal and will get better? Should I still be bleeding? I guess I just need some peace of mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Re: d&c and Myosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldmb41 View Post

Hi all. I'm Meg, I'm 32 and childless, so I'm obviously not a candidate for a hysterectomy, but you guys seem to be the only place on the web where I can find some real answers. I have had flooding episodes in front of classes (I'm a teacher) and many other scary bleeding incidents. Long story short, I finally dealt with them, went to my GYN and was diagnosed with a single 6cm fibroid. Gyn recommended a D&C to stem the constant bleeding and spotting, along with a Myosure procedure to rid me of the fibroid, which I had this past Monday, 12/9/13, with no complications. This brings me to my problem:

The bleeding WON'T go away. It will stop for half a day or so and then it's back, full force. It's sometimes almost bright red, then pink, then brown. Every time I think I'm free and getting back to normal, boom! Has anyone had this procedure or something similar who can provide me with some reassurance that this is normal and will get better? Should I still be bleeding? I guess I just need some peace of mind.
Please go back to your ob-gyn ASAP. Period.
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Have already called. Got the "if it's more than a pad an hour, call me" response. Didn't seem concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2013, 08:30 AM

I'm 34, same problem. My d&c is scheduled for the end of Jan with an ablation. Were they able to tell you what is causing your bleeding? Is it your fibroid causing all this or more? I would definitely go in for a follow up. If your current doctor is not listening to you find one that will. Your body and health are important, especially if it's making you miserable.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register