Slow healing from LSH, please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Slow healing from LSH, please help Slow healing from LSH, please help

Unread 06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Slow healing from LSH, please help

Hi sisters. I'm getting depressed again. After waiting a year and FINALLY finding a dr who would do the LSH, my recovery has been less than spectacular. I am now at 6weeks PO and still not back to work. Seems that when I sit, I feel as though I were crushing something and it hurts. It takes time for this feeling to build but I can't sit at work. So here I am at home. My dr really doesn't know what it is. We both felt a lump right in between my 2 lower incisions. They are thiknking that I might have had major bruising inside which is slowing up the healing process.
But even he isn't sure.
I have an appt to see him on Monday. But I desperatley need some support now. I just keep reading how everyone else is walking a couple of miles, and swimming and all that. I'm so bummed.

Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2005, 02:14 PM

Hi Shera,

I'm sorry you're feeling so discouraged. If it helps any, I was one who wasn't doing all those things at 6 weeks either and I had a lot of trouble sitting comfortably for very long at a time. It seemed like when 'things' were compressed it just would get to hurting. I had some work done on my bladder so I have blamed that to some extent, but it seems to me I have read about a lot of women who have discomfort sitting for very long, even at 6 weeks. I hope you will get some feedback from some of them.

I know it can be discouraging to read about all the things some others are able to do when you aren't there yet, but we are all different and to tell you the truth, there are many who feel just like you. I know for a time, I hated to write anything, because it seemed like I didn't have anything positive to say. It does get better though. Six weeks is still very early. You are just getting past the initial healing time, there is a lot of healing that will still take place in the next several months.

I was just wondering if when you're at work you might be wearing clothing that is restrictive.

Try not to be discouraged. It will all come, you just need to give it more time. I know that may not be what you want to hear, but just take one day at a time and you will find yourself doing better with each one. I hope you can use the time off work to do something fun.

's, Rita
Unread 06-15-2005, 03:12 PM

I too had a LSH. I am having significant discomfort/pain when sitting. My kids keep wanting to go to a movie and I just can't see sitting that long. It's only been three weeks so I'm hoping for improvement soon. Hang in there and hope things go well for you at Drs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2005, 08:20 PM

Shera,

I am so sorry your recovery is slower than you'd hoped. I hope since I am answering this so late that you have had a significant improvement since you posted. Hang in there, there will be a day soon when you can say "I'm glad that's over with".

Best wishes,

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register