Embarrased | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-01-2001, 11:48 AM
Embarrased

I've been reading the posts and am not looking forward to after my op.Is the really that bad?I have never in front of my hubby .Any suggestions on how to deal with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2001, 12:12 PM
Embarrased

(((Anna))))
Awww its not so bad.....in fact I kept waiting for it to happen to me, and I seemed to have indigestion more than the

As for dealing with hubby....well...just remind him of your wedding vows......tell him he took you for better or for worse....and uhm....er.....well.....this is a bit of the worse part....he,he,he....I am sure he will understand, its all part of human nature!!

Maria
Unread 06-01-2001, 12:26 PM
Embarrased

Anna, I certainly can understand your feelings on this issue. Just remember that passing that is essential to your recovery..... Hmm... If I remember correctly, you have several months to wait... How about practicing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2001, 12:37 PM
Was that you honey?

Never passed gas in front of hubby? Either you have not been married long...or you have remarkable control!
I am sure that your DH knows that women pass gas too. We just don't play "Pull my finger" and create jokes about it, as a rule. And if he has trouble dealing with a natural bodily function, then blame it on the dog...or cat...or parakeet.
Unread 06-01-2001, 12:38 PM
Embarrased

Maria-my hubby won't mind at all it's me.I'm just too darned embarassed to do it.

Dany-my hyster is 20 days away.I've been thinking about trying to sneak in a little one here and there but I just don't think I can do it.
Unread 06-01-2001, 12:41 PM
Embarrased

Pale Lady-I've been married for almost 4 years,I've known him since I was 15.He tries to encourage me and is quite impressed by my control.I know I'm gonna have to do it some day.Maybe I should have a few drinks first LOL and get myself into an I don't care mood.
Unread 06-01-2001, 12:59 PM
Embarrased

Don't sweat it. The day will come when, hooched up or not, the gass is gonna pass...right in front of your man. He will chuckle, and you will wonder why you worried about it so.

I have my LAVH/USO this Monday, and told my DH he hasn't heard gas until he has been near someone who had laprascopic surgery!

I probably should yell " Look out, incoming"!
Unread 06-01-2001, 01:00 PM
Embarrased

Hi Anna,

I used to tell my husband and step-sons that "woman don't do that". ....hoping to avoid the "pull my finger" stuff in a houseful of men. Think I had the kids snowed for a long time.

Trust me, if you do have a problem, you'll be happy to let it happen.
Unread 06-01-2001, 01:47 PM
hi

Hey just wanted to say that I had my TAH on may the 17th , and was not at all prepared for the gas problems ...nor have I ever passed gas in front my hubbie or kids....LOL well did but they never knew... (the old slient type) well i came home from the castle on the 19th and on the 20th i began to feel the gas pains , not so much the urger to pass it but could feel it moving in my belly and to be honest it was more painful the incesion... please dont let this scare you.

I was in tears and beg hubbie to call 911 it hurt that bad, well hubbie remembered something the doc had told him....(LOL go figure that ) he piled some pillows on the bed for me and told me well helped me get down on all fours with pillows to protect the surgery site and I'll tell you what it helped sooooo much. and my darling three sons thought it was sooooo funnie to hear Mom pass gas. My middle son said mom But I thought girls didnt break wind? hubbie explained that it was because of the surgery...LOL But that day Mom took home the blue ribbon (as far as the kids were concerned) cause they said mom was the best gas passer in the whole house.

ask your doc for some Colace it will help with the BM's

Brenda
Unread 06-01-2001, 03:53 PM
Embarrased

I am laughing my head off right now. I have always been embarrased about doing that in front of anyone. But I ended up having a simple solution. Ready for a laugh?? I had known my now hubby for about 5 years before we actually got together and dated, mostly we only talked on the phone as friends and saw eachother occasionally. Well, one night we were watching tv (we had been dating for almost 8 months so didn't really need ot go out) and then one thing led to another and we ended up in bed for the very first time. Well wouldn't you know it, after all my carefullness of never ever passing gas in front of him, he pushed a little too hard and out it came. I was so embarrased I couldnt' even look at him, but he was so great about it, he actually made me laugh so hard more came out, he said to me "wow, what a compliment, your front hole is so happy your back hole is laughing out loud!". I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

Anyway, it was out in the open that yes I occasionally pass gas, deal with it. We've now been married for almost 11 years and when I have the need I just let it rip.

Good luck and don't hold them back or you will definitely hamper your recovery, I held back in the hospital because I was afraid someone might hear me and I ended up having to have a tube forced through my nose and down my throat into my stomach to get rid of badly trapped air that caused my digestive/bowel system to start shutting down. Found out at my 1 wk visit that if I didn't have the tube my stomach and intestines would have ruptured, killing me instantly. So pleeeeeaaaaase, don't hold back.

Sandi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register