Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this normal? Is this normal?

Unread 09-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Is this normal?

Hello ladies, long time no see (like about 3 years ago - eek).

I had a tvh, leaving the ovaries, in April 2005 for bad cramps, an increase in bleeding after an ablation, and possible adenomysis (which they didn't find any of in the removed uterus). All has been well till around May of this year. Then I started getting PMT/PMS symptoms - snappy, irritable, sore breasts, etc. For the last two days I have had niggling aches front and back exactly where I used to get the pain during my periods. It feels like the way my body used to warn me that my period would be starting in the next couple of hours and now was a good time to take the extra-strong painkillers.

The pain isn't getting any worse and is easily dealt with by paracetamol. But it HAS come just after the latest bout of PMT, just like it used to before my operation.

I'm still grumpy, but have got other health issues going on - dysplastic naevus syndrome, polymorphic light eruption and am being tested for lupus or porphyria - so am feeling a little stressed and down.

Is it normal to have a return of period symptoms so long after the op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Is this normal?

I cant offer any help but hope some one can .
hugs
Lisa
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Is this normal?

Hi Lisa
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so tough right now. I don't know very much about your other conditions but I do know that whenever the ovaries are present you can have pms-like symptoms. It sounds very much like you are having some changes going on that are affecting your hormone levels. It might not all be caused by your ovaries since you have these other conditions.

I hope you have a good dr who can help you sort out what's happening in your body. My only suggestion is to back away from stress right now. I have my ovaries too and when I can sense my emotions on the surface I know the best course of action is to destress and pamper myself until the feelings pass.

I hope you will soon know the answers for all your health issues. I'm sure all of this is stressful for you. Take care of yourself and try not to worry. I know that can be hard, but it doesn't change anything except to make us more miserable. Let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2007, 04:18 AM
Is this normal?

Thanks ladies.

I've got an idea of what is happening. My daughter is 14 and her hormones are really getting going. A friend suggested that it is HER oestrogen that is getting my cycle rolling again. I'd forgotten all about how women who are together a lot can influence each others cycles.

There's gonna be fireworks for two weeks a month round here.

Lisa B

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register