Take My Uterus...Please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Take My Uterus...Please Take My Uterus...Please

Unread 09-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Take My Uterus...Please

After 20+ years of pelvic pain, endo & the like I am finally going to get this thing out of me. The Doctor my GP is sending me to can't see me until October 1st, and I'm having it done Lap so hopefully will only need 2 weeks to recover. However, I only have 2 chunks of 2 weeks I can do this before the end of the year when my Insurance goes buh-bye. Do you normally have to wait long between the initial consult and getting a surgery date? I am sure I will have lots more ridiculous questions such as this in the future so please bear with me. Thanks, Beth in Nashville
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Take My Uterus...Please

My surgery was schedule for 17 days after my inital visit with the gyn. Not to put a downer in here, but I haven't heard too many stories of ladies being back to work in two weeks. I had mine done vaginally and I am a month post op. I am not ready to go back to work yet. I feel way better than I did before surgery, but get tired very easily (after a short errand, walk or light cleaning..I have to take a rest)

BEST WISHES
Unread 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Take My Uterus...Please

Hi Beth and

We're happy you joined the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense at every stage of your journey to good health.

The gyn who performed my surgery generally books about 6 weeks out. From reading here posts on the site, that length of wait is not unusual.

If you haven't already done so, do yourself a favor and click on the words "Hysterectomy Checkpoints" from the blue bar at the top of the page. It's a terrific feature designed to accompany you through the entire hysterectomy experience from start to finish.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Take My Uterus...Please

Thanks honey! I'm sure everything I need to know is on here, its just a lot to take in all at once! I appreciate your reply!
LV BDD
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Take My Uterus...Please

Our insurance is changing 1-1-08 to a horrid plan. This on top of the physical stuff got me in gear to get this done. Mine is scheduled six weeks from my surgical consult.

Can you explain the situation to your doc to stress the urgency in scheduling? Maybe get on his/her cancellation list?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register