Want to ask for hysterectomy for severe adenomyosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Want to ask for hysterectomy for severe adenomyosis Want to ask for hysterectomy for severe adenomyosis

Unread 03-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Re: Wanting a hysterectomy as soon as possible for adenomyosis

My doctor thought I had adeno too, especially after performing the hysterectomy. After sending it to the lab, I was told I didn't have adenomyosis. Either way, I had very similar symptoms and was suffering. Now I feel just like I did before I ever got sick, I was sick 6 and a half years! For me I'm sad because I didn't have other options besides hysterectomy, but physically I feel so much better, it's life changing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2015, 01:53 AM
Want to ask for hysterectomy for severe adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme92784 View Post
I'm new here, I'm 30 and I've had bad pelvic pain for 8 years. I had a lap done last summer and they found adenomyosis. I have a very large, boggy uterus.

I had a Mirena put in October 2014. It stopped the pain for one cycle but it's returning a little more each month. Before it was put in, the pain was so bad, like hard labor every month.

I have three kids and we are done. I've never had a uterine orgasm, and I am already having funky hormone issues with the Mirena. So I don't feel the need to have a uterus that causes me so much pain.

I have an appointment with my gynecologist April 23rd, I am going to ask for a hysterectomy. I am done, just so totally done. I don't want another bandaid fix.

I just want someone, anyone to tell me that I'm making the right choice, and I will be fine and I will make it through this and then the pain will stop.
I can't tell you it will be a fix, but for adenomyosis, hysterectomy is the cure. However, one thing you can do where someone can help you decide if you're making the right decision is a doctor who is qualified to provide a second opinion.
Unread 03-12-2015, 09:41 AM

Hi Ladies.....I'm having a hysterectomy tomorrow for adenomyosis and cystitis bladder issues. Getting an immediate date may or may not happen. Not trying to discourage....maybe this will help a little. I'm 51 and have been relatively healthy. The health problems started about 3 years ago. It has been a long hard road to get to this point. When I was firs diagnosed I was told a hysterectomy was the only cure or because of my age l could wait it out for menopause. when I went to the doc that time I was so sick. I couldn't get my employers to understand I was sick and I ended up quitting 3 months after being diagnosed. I had health insurance through work so I lost that. I thought another month or so and I would be back on my feet and just find a new job. That didn't happen. It got worse and worse. I was able to get health insurance in January and got a second opinion. Same diagnosis but with other things as well. I had plenty of time to educate myself and this site was a major help. The doctor stated that there are certain procedures that insurance companies want done before the hysterectomy before they will cover it. I was told a DNC needed to be tried. I leaned that a DNC would help with bleeding but pRobby not the pain. Then there was the waiting after to see if it was effective. I have no more time to be sick with this. I put my big girl panties on and charged in swinging. I researched each recommendation and weighed the pros and cons and made my decisions from there. It was a terrible battle but due to my knowledge and a good doctor I'm not being forced to endure several band aid fixes before I get the only treatment that will cure it. I just want to say....research the procedure and learn what it may or may not accomplish. We discussed hormone therapy...I said no..I quit smoking in February but smoked for 4o years. IUD. ..no uterus is anteflexed. Laparoscopy. ..why? We know what is wrong. Why put myself through that then have to go through a major surgery right after. Back and forth it went for a few weeks. Talk to doc..then insurance. .back and forth. It was exhausting but tomorrow I am having one surgery without going through the bandaid fixes first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2015, 10:19 AM

I had a partial hyst (kept cervix) for adenomyosis and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. While surgeries that kept the uterus intact are in the works, hysterectomy is currently the best option, and a cure.
Unread 03-12-2015, 02:05 PM

I am hoping they don't give me a hard time because I'm totally fine with losing my uterus. We knew years ago that we were done having kids, and I'm having so many side effects from the Mirena that I can't imagine hysterectomy after effects can be any worse.

On top of that I just went through 3 straight weeks of constant uterine pain and breast tenderness and fatigue. I felt like a slug that was just passing time instead of a person living life. So I think it's safe to say that the Mirena is just not cutting it. I don't know if the pain is from the Mirena side effects or if the disease is getting worse, but either way I want a cure and I want my life back.
Unread 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme92784 View Post
I am hoping they don't give me a hard time because I'm totally fine with losing my uterus. We knew years ago that we were done having kids, and I'm having so many side effects from the Mirena that I can't imagine hysterectomy after effects can be any worse.

On top of that I just went through 3 straight weeks of constant uterine pain and breast tenderness and fatigue. I felt like a slug that was just passing time instead of a person living life. So I think it's safe to say that the Mirena is just not cutting it. I don't know if the pain is from the Mirena side effects or if the disease is getting worse, but either way I want a cure and I want my life back.
I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My surgery is tomorrow and I am ecstatic. I dont have time to even recover between periods anymore. I'm down 24/7. I hope things work out well for you. it is tough tough to live with. Just dont give up.
Unread 03-12-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueyoung55 View Post
I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My surgery is tomorrow and I am ecstatic. I dont have time to even recover between periods anymore. I'm down 24/7. I hope things work out well for you. it is tough tough to live with. Just dont give up.
That's what I'm afraid of, getting to the point where I'm not even me anymore, and I feel like, if there's something that can be done to prevent it, then that's what I'm going to try to do. When this started it was only 1 pain day a month. Then it got to 5, then 10. Sometimes weeks at a time.

Now with the Mirena the pain feels a little different. It's like my uterus turns into a bowling ball. Hard, solid, tender. And before I didn't have any pain during sex, and now I am. I have no enjoyment from it because I either have no libido or it just hurts the whole time.

My kids are little and my husband has health issues, and I don't have a whole lot of people that can help me while I recover. I need to have one procedure and one recovery. Not five.

I am going to call tomorrow and request an earlier appointment, I'm hoping to get through whatever they put me through by the middle of June so I can have it done when the kids get out for break.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register