Wondering about abdominal symptoms 7 months post-UAE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wondering about abdominal symptoms 7 months post-UAE Wondering about abdominal symptoms 7 months post-UAE

Unread 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Wondering about abdominal symptoms 7 months post-UAE

Hi, everyone.

I had uterine artery embolization (UAE) about 7 months ago for 3 fibroids of varying size (biggest was about softball size) and am wondering why I am back to having abdominal bloating, discomfort, back pain, weight gain, a slightly irregular period cycle and the on-and-off skin rash that I hadn't had since the UAE in November.

Wondering if it's all just coincidence, or related to digestive issues I have also had, OR if it could actually be something wrong fibroid-wise or uterus-wise.

I've had nearly every test under the sun related to my abdomen over the last few years and don't appear to have any other issues aside from irritable bowel, which I know can mimic some of the fibroid symptoms.

I'm having major back pain like never before. (I have had sciatica in the past, but in the last month or so I had a serious back issue where the pain was sudden and so severe that I was incapacitated for a few days and off work for a week). All signs in that case pointed to a pinched nerve/muscle spasms, but I did have one fibroid pre-UAE that was toward the back of my uterus and had been pushing on my back.

I have typically been a pretty active and relatively healthy person, age 39, never had kids and don't plan to have any...I am wondering why I feel crappy almost all of the time, haven't been feeling good enough to exercise much in the last year, and when I am ever going to feel even remotely better again.

Just when I think I have things somewhat pinpointed and dealt with, I have a return of the abdominal bloating and discomfort and symptoms similar to what I had for 2 or 3 years before UAE.

I did feel some relief after UAE - less pressure in the abdomen, less frequent urge to urinate, a reduction in the major blood loss during periods, iron deficiency anemia had resolved. Now I am back to pressure in the abdomen, still having some clotting during periods, iron/ferritin back in the low-ish range in bloodwork, and period this past month was a little unusual. Started, then stopped. Then a week later it came back and lasted about a week. Pretty heavy, first time in about 3-4 months I have actually been concerned about leaking through my clothes.

Really would like some direction on what might be going on

Thanks for listening,

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Re: Wondering about abdominal symptoms 7 months post-UAE

I had UAE about 10 months ago. It has been very helpful.
Have you contacted your doctors? Mine have been very supportive and want to know if any issues show up.
Unfortunately you're at that fun age where hormones can act up and cause issues with your period. My doctors have me on bio identical progesterone cream and it helps a bunch. Low progesterone is pretty common during perimenopause.
Taking probiotics helps too. I make sure to take them everyday. Your body could still be adjusting to the procedure you had. Fibroids can continue to shrink for a while so it worth checking with your doctors.
Unread 06-25-2014, 08:23 AM

I had the Novasure ablation and I had a fibroid, it did help but the symptoms came back with pain. I ended up having a failed ablation and a blood pool behind the scar tissue that could not get out (which felt like labor pains). So if I were you, I would as previously stated, contact your doctor and have a Ultra Sound done to see if everything is still going well.

In the end, I had Ultrasound Guided Reoperative Hysteroscopy for Managing Global Endometrial Ablation Failures done by <>. This procedure removes the fibroid and the tissue that has grown back. So far it seems to have corrected the issue.

Good luck -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2014, 09:01 PM

I'm 4 months out have major buzzing in my legs as well as bloating n small clots and the NEW siatic type pain. I'm at a loss. It's horrible

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register