Tears Out of the Blue? Anyone Else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tears Out of the Blue? Anyone Else? Tears Out of the Blue? Anyone Else?

Unread 03-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Tears Out of the Blue? Anyone Else?

anyone else out there having any tears and crying out of the blue? I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and today the tears kept coming and I just feel, grief I guess, even though no more endo or fibroid pain. My DH just holds me and hugs me. Any suggestions anyone? Maybe it is just part of the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2005, 11:55 PM

I too had a couple bouts with tears after surgery, (kinda like when I USED to PMS) but it stopped after the first few weeks. I'm thinking that it was just my hormones adjusting
Unread 03-18-2005, 11:56 PM

Hugs Stella! Let yourself cry, I still do to this day, just not as often as before. I cried constant for the first 2 1/2 weeks, and earlier I had a crying spell for about 10 minutes. I cry because I am mourning my womb, I cry because I hate change, and I cry outta boredom, I cry because I don't know my new self.......but you know what.......I feel better! Always look at the bright side, I was so sad my first 2 weeks because I wasn't focusing on the bright side, only on how my life had changed. I just didn't know it was changing for the better until I realized I WAS already feeling BETTER. But crying is a normal process, and many of us mourn our wombs.........so let yourself cry, and enjoy those hugs from the DH! Wishing you a peaceful recovery!

Brandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 12:21 AM

Thanks princesses, that is reassuring. I guess I am mourning my loss of my womb, of all those dreams of what it was supposed to do. Those dreams let go. It was not in Gods plan for me. I am grateful that it all led me to adoption, one of the greatest gifts in my life. Tears are o.k.
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:40 PM
cry yes

Hi I'm almost 5 weeks post op.I fine lately I'm very sensitive to alot .I can cry over anything.I'ts getting better.I just think my body is trying to adjust.Good luck.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
later sistercon TVH/kept ovaries:cry:
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:44 AM

I will be 5 weeks on wednesday and i can cry at the drop of a hat!! My dr told me it was due to the anesthisia. It was pretty bad the first 3 weeks, but now has calmed down some. Im normally an emotional person, but dang...this hit me hard. Just let it go is all i can say. If you try to hold it back it makes you feel worse...at least it did for me. Everyone needs a good cry every once in a while. And during something like this...you deserve to cry more. Take care!!!

Pamela
Unread 03-21-2005, 09:44 AM

Tears, crying jags. In-laws were here and were making jokes about hot flashes and I burst into tears which lasted for what seemed forever. They felt awful. Crying is good, it washed out your heart and is making me stronger.
Unread 03-21-2005, 10:29 AM

I get goosebumps by how e1 is so helpful and understanding here. I am 6 weeks post op. At times I start to feel a little down and I too think it's missing my womb. I don't know why, I have 4 beautiful healthy children and it was hard on my body giving birth 4x and miscarrying 2. I'm just very maternal and always loved my babies. I feel that my family is complete anyway and will be glad not to deal with the monthly pain and mess. Plus I will feel better being repaired and put back together in a more normal fassion. I think it's just surgery and all the changes the body has to undergo to adjust and heal. I'm feeling better and better everyday. I just need to not forget that it takes longer then 6 weeks to heal from this. I dont' think there is a magic number, so I think all should just take it easy and give ourselves the time it takes. However long that may be. If you get tired and want to lay down do it. You don't have to sleep just rest. Put your feet up. It's amazing what 15 minutes will do. Hugs to you all, take care of yourselves you'll be amazed how much you and your family will benefit from you being healthy and feeling better.
Unread 03-21-2005, 10:53 AM

Your not alone there I'm only four days out and I'm not a crier, but (lol) I've had a few crying jags since this! I'm thinking of it as a cleansing of the soul. A release of sorts of all the emotions going on inside.
I actually was mourning that I wouldn't be seeing aunt flo ever again, who would've thought, since she never seemed to go away!
Were not crazy we just lost a piece of ourselves, I think we're entitled to let it all go if that's what we need to do. Your not alone in the emotions all over the place, your sisters are right there with you!
Unread 03-21-2005, 11:20 AM

My tears started 3 days out and tomorrow will be 1 week out. One of my wonderful nurses said to let it out and that we all mourn the loss of any body part. Add the effects of surgery, blood loss and all and the tears will come.

But for women, we will mourn our wombs no matter how old we are. I'm almost 50 and will mourn the opportunity to go through menopause on my own schedule.

Buy some really soft tissue, you know the expensive stuff and have a good cry. It's good for all of us.

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register