Hysterectomy+additional surgery to stop bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy+additional surgery to stop bleeding Hysterectomy+additional surgery to stop bleeding

Unread 06-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Hysterectomy+additional surgery to stop bleeding

I had a partial hysterectomy, they took out my uterus and part of my cervix. I also had Adenomyosis, fibroids. I had the surgery because of constant heavy bleeding...that was Feb. 28. AFter all was healed, I had about 3 weeks where I felt fantastic, then to my surprise, starting bleeding again and quite heavily. The doc said I had endometrial tissue on the little part of the cervix that was left, so she scheduled surgery to take out the rest....that was June 7. I'm at the end of my 2 week recovery and have a followup tomorrow, but I'm worried, I have had draining which is supposed to be normal, but it has gradually gotten darker...from clear to pink, orange and getting more red, it's thin. My stomach is bloated and I feel as if I'm getting my period. Anyone had this happen? How could I possibly having a period...hoping this is normal and will pass. Drs try to do the least invasive, but really after being cut open, I wish they would have just taken it all at one time and been done with it....as my good friend says..."take out the toys and leave the play pen"..lol It all just worries me that there is something they've not seen. She did note a blood vessel that was really strange that she had never seen before, but it's gone now...just want to be healed and go on with life, this is so frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Re: Hysterectomy+additional surgery to stop bleeding

My information that I was given states any "red" bleeding needs to be referred to your dr. I would give your drs office a call just to be on the safe side. On another note, during my release check up in hospital - the GYN on call stated that while I have no 'flow' at the moment, that occasionally there is a build up and it will have a release at about 10-15 days post op and not to be alarmed (so perhaps this is what has happened to you as well?). I always err on the side of caution and do a quick consult either way Hugs and good luck.
Unread 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM

I had my 2 week follow up with my doctor this morning, she examined me and said I was still healing and that's all that was, should clear in in another week or so, and I follow up again in 2 weeks. I've been through so much with this, that I am so fearful that yet again it will fail and leave me bleeding, praying for God to give me peace about all of this. This was my 3rd surgery, I had an ablation over a year ago which did not help, partial hysterectomy, now then this surgery June 7. Just ready for it all to be done. Thanks so much for the support, hope these posts help other women/girls out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM

you may have a hole or tear at the vaginal cuff and serous fluid is leaking (yellowish/orange/ting of red). Make sure to tell your doctor!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register