YIKES!!!!! 5 Days to go!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

YIKES!!!!! 5 Days to go!! YIKES!!!!! 5 Days to go!!

Unread 11-29-2001, 02:10 PM
YIKES!!!!! 5 Days to go!!

HELP!!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm 5 days pre-op and nervous and filled with anxiety. Please calm my fears!!! I'm having a LAVH and Bladder Sling. I might have to have a catheter for up to 3 weeks. Not happy about that, but if it will mean better quality of life afterwards it's worth it.

I've been cleaning, shopping, ironing, wrapping and getting as much done as possible. I'm getting exhausted and wearing thin!!

I've filled out my living will, have to decide on what kind of anesthesia and will try not to burden my MIL too much (although she's all I have to lean on besides DH)

Any advice or soothing words would be appreciated! Also, is there any "must haves" for the hospital that will help me.

Oh, speaking about hospital, they said I'd be in for one day! I can't believe it. Not that I want to be in the hospital, but if I'm there I'm their problem and less of a strain on my MIL!

I'm Fal
li
ng
apart!!!!

Thanks for all your help and support!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2001, 02:19 PM

Hang in there KayBee!

Your day is almost here...the last few days were the worst for me too...serious . There is a pretty extensive list of things to take to the hospital - just pick the things that you think will be of help to you. I did not take that much myself and the biggest item that was a huge help was my heating pad (my very dearest friend still ) Here's that link:

:https://www.hystersisters.com/list.php

Whew, you have been soo busy preparing, why not take the next 5 days and ....you deserve it! Also, talk to your dr. about the hospital stay. I stayed 2 days because I just didn't feel ready to leave. My doctor was okay with that.

All the best to you!
Unread 11-29-2001, 02:21 PM

Kay
I understand how you feel. Days before my TAH/BSO I was nervous & anxious too. Cleaning & preparing for the castle. Just know that pretty soon you'll be a . Also look on the pull down menu and there's a list of things that will give you some help on what to take with you too the hospital. Please keep posting & also feel free to join us sisters in chat. s

SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2001, 06:11 PM
:-)

Hi Kay,

I can completely relate to how you are feeling - I was a total wreck for a week leading up to my sugery. I really think that all the stress I subjected myself to was harder on my physically than the actual surgery! Don't worry - it will all be behind you soon, and you will be so relieved when it is over.

BTW, I had a catheter in for the first 24 hours, and was really worried about it beforehand. But, I never felt it when it was in, and it caused me no problems. It was actually nice because I didn't have to get up every hour or so to pee. And, I didn't feel any discomfort when they removed it. So, try not to worry too much about it - I am sure that you will be fine.

Hang in there - the waiting is truly the hardest part!

Hugs,
Chellise
Unread 11-29-2001, 06:19 PM
My surgery is in 12 days

I'm also having a TAH and bladder sling. Sometimes I'm ok with the surgery and other times I get really nervous. The thought of anesthesia and being out really unnerves me.
I'm also worried about self catherization. I hope I'll be able to do it. I haven't had my pre-op talk with my urologist yet.
But if this surgery can gives me relief after all the suffering I've had, then it's worth it. I usually find that whatever I imagine to be terrible or scary, is never that bad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register