I just fired my doctor at post op checkup..good or bad? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just fired my doctor at post op checkup..good or bad? I just fired my doctor at post op checkup..good or bad?

Unread 12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Re: I just fired my doctor at post op checkup..good or bad?

Wow! My doctor is so kind and gentle. I had a doctor like yours with the birth of my first child. I was 19, and he was probably ready for retirement. And, that was 36 years ago. I decided to never go to him again after his insensitive comments regarding my choice of natural childbirth. The younger doctors seem to be more sensitive due to their training. Your doctor sounds like an insensitive woman-hater! I would have called him on it in front of my husband to see if he meant it as a joke or not. How rude!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2009, 02:19 PM

You definitely did the right thing. I've had TWO very insensitive male doctors and decided to search for a female. She's a tough female with man hands LOL but she's great and I don't regret my decision. One of the men in her practice delivered my son and he was fine there, but I've heard him with his nurses before and some of the things he says makes my jaw drop. Obviously some like him but I cannot deal with such flippant bedside manners. NO WAY.

You did wonderful and I'm proud of you!
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:28 PM

You did the right thing....and yes you should report him. That is so disgusting......to think there are still doctors out there with that kind of attitude!

Hope you find a better doctor....take care.....I'll be thinking of you...***hugs***
Unread 12-30-2009, 12:57 PM

how rude was he!!! you did the right thing.i have a few things to say to mine when i see him.i think they get blase about it,seeing so many people it is a major operation and when you have time on your hands you think about these insensitive comments.don't let his comments upset you anymore giving time to them is giving time to him and he obviously isn't worth it.best of luck my dear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register