10 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole 10 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole

Unread 07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
10 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole

So here I am in week 10 post op, and they FINALLY decided to go ahead with the repair surgery since the hole in my cuff Isn't healing. (been there since week 3 but they wanted to give it time to heal itself... it didn't)

My problem is I can't find hardly any Information on this surgery... I am not even sure what it is technically called. What kind of recovery to expect? Where can I find more info? What will hurt and when? What does the procedure involve exactly?

Finding info and support for the hysterectomy was easy, but where do you get info for problems afterwards? Has anyone here had repair of there cuff? Does the time difference between original surgery and repair surgery make a difference? ( for example, does 3 weeks post op vs 11 weeks post op make a difference on what to expect?)

The doc Told me they would cut out the ''bad'' part of the cuff and then sew up the good vaginal tissue and it would slightly shorten the vagina. How do they get the stiches in there? Is my vagina going to be like the grand cannon afterwards? ( I am scared all this stuff shoved up there will stretch it out) I have vacation planned for 8 days in Mexico with the kids ( ages 10 & 7) exactly 10 days post op. Doc knows and told me I would be ok to go, just take it easy. Does this sound right to you all? He said this was a quick procedure and what I would only be under for 15-30 minutes and would be released fromt the hospitals a few hrs later. What can I expect??????

To be honest I am scared to death.. Someone please help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Re: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole

Cant give you advice because i dont know, i would guess no lifting and maybe pain from sutures for a few days. But want you to know i am thinking about you, im almost 12 weeks and having nerve issues with cuff. No need for surgery that they have said, just lots of pain. I am so sorry you had to wait so long, and pray this recovery goes smooth and fast.
Unread 07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Re: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole

Sweetie

I am sorry to hear you are having complications.

There have been several members who have had vaginal cuff issues but I don't know if they are currently posting.

The vagina is very stretchy so I don't think you have to worry about being the 'grand canyon'. More than how far post-op would be how extensive the repair is, this doesn't sound like they are redoing the entire cuff but a portion of it.

The procedure as I am seeing in researching surgery coding is called vaginal cuff repair.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2014, 05:20 AM
Re: 10 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole

Brandy, I don't have any answers but wanted to wish you well on your surgery. I've been looking for your posts as I've felt so bad for what you are going through. I'm glad your Dr is finally doing something. Good luck to you and keep us updated. Hope to read a post soon that it went well and you will finally be on a real path to recovery.
Unread 07-10-2014, 11:54 AM

I had this done. At 7 1/2 weeks my cuff tore and had to have emergency surgery. It's tough because there is barley any info on it. I am 4 weeks post 2nd surgery. Dr said I am healing slow and I have to take it easy. Just do as you first did after hysterectomy.
Unread 11-10-2014, 02:49 PM

Same issue. Last Tues Dr put 3 stitches in vaginally. Procedure lasted like 10 min. I'm somewhat sore but tolerable. Went back to work next day. I go back on 11/28 for recheck. Diff kind of spotting now and hope it goes away.
Unread 11-10-2014, 04:36 PM

How can you tell if you tear your cuff?
Unread 11-10-2014, 05:41 PM
10 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Repair Needed for Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jil View Post
How can you tell if you tear your cuff?
Not sure. I did not tear mine. 2nd WK post op started spotting. Went in for 6 WK ck and he said I popped a stitch in the middle. All else was healing so he said let's wait. 2wks later he said it was healing but healing open so we did the procedure to close it. I'm in a much better place physically to deal with it but emotionally it sucks.
Unread 11-10-2014, 05:55 PM

I tore all of my stitches 16 days post op. Had emergency vaginal cuff surgery and was put on bed rest for two weeks. Confined to only moving about the house for 4 weeks after that'. The only way I knew that it tore was because of the massive hemmoraging. There was no pain when the tear occurred.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register