Stll Scared but the biopsy part is over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stll Scared but the biopsy part is over Stll Scared but the biopsy part is over

Unread 12-15-2000, 03:56 AM
Stll Scared but the biopsy part is over

Well i had the biopsy,hmm not sure i want to do that again. It was on Wednesday and i am still cramping and spotting. Not severe cramps but i certainly can tell they are there I guess this is normal? He had a delivery during my visit after the biopsy so i didn't get to talk as much as i would have liked but i go back Monday for my pre-op.He told me to remind him to give me my pain med scripts then. Now, i know everyone is different, but did anyone find that one drug worked better for them than another. For some reason, i have no idea why, morphine does not work for me.I had foot surgery years ago and was given morphine with no effect. So they tried something else and it worked fine.Have had no pain meds since so not sure what to ask for.He suggested (spelling) percoset or vocodin?Any opinions?
Patty
Its early in the morning, i hope this makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2000, 10:28 AM

Patty,

I know what you mean about Morphine, but for me it is Demerol. They gave it to me after my miscarriage in 1983 and it took effect finally 3 DAYS LATER!! I told my DH, "do you know what it feels like to sit on the toilet and not feel the right side of your butt?" Because I couldn't feel the right side of my butt!!

And I am allergic to Percocet. I had breast reduction surgery in 1995 and they had me on Vicodin for the pain, but the nurse said that Tylenol PM is basically the same thing. Just remember either one will make you sleepy. After my son was born in 1994 I developed endometritis, which I am told is just an infection of the endometrial lining?? Anyway my ob/gyn at that time prescribed Percodan and it worked great.

Was your biopsy an endometrial biopsy?? The reason I am asking is that I go for one on 12/21 (my late father's b-day ) Did your doctor tell you when you would have the results? I am hoping they can get them back quickly and then schedule the hysterectomy. I already had to move the date of the biopsy, originally set for 12/27 but as luck would have it, if my periods are back on track (I doubt) it is due on the 26th and then they wouldn't be able to do the biopsy. So I moved the date up several days.

Good luck and happy holidays
Unread 12-15-2000, 11:31 AM

Yep Tina it was for the endometrial biopsy. The insurance co. required it ,he said. They just take some tissue.All the same i am scheduled for the 9th of January. To be honest i feel so confused and overwhelmed at times.It seems every phone call to the Dr.'s office is short and something interferes each time i REALLY want to talk. I went in for check up, told i had to have a partial .This will be on the tummy as it was to large to go the other way (vaginal) So my insurance co. was called , i was approved, all dates set THEN he called a week later and said he needed the biopsy as it was required?! Who knows ? I asked about a local, they said to just take some motrin before i came in.I did and not sure if others feel i am being a sissy but am glad i did.You should call them and ask if they want to recommend that to you.Then again, you know everyone is different. Email me if ya like MikeandPatty@aol.com.
Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2000, 01:00 PM

Patty,

I am really nervous about this biopsy. But hopefully, after I have it done, the insurance company will approve the surgery and I can get it over with next month as well.

How many kids do you have? I have 3 (16,12, &6) their Christams break started today...........I AM AREADY GOING NUTS!!!!!! And on top of everthing else I am sick...Bronchitis!! So I am on cough medicine that makes me sleepy, and big old horse pills of antibiotics.

I can only hope that my DH can be here for the surgery as he was not able to be home for my initial visit with my ob/gyn, and won't be here for the biopsy either. He works in Las Vegas and that is about 200 miles from home. He comes home on the weekends and will be home next Friday 12/22 through 12/26.

So I am going through all of the motions with my doctors alone I am so depressed. This is not a good time of year for me. My dad died last year right before Thanksgiving and I am having the biopsy on his birthday. But the way I look at I have an in heaven watching over me.

If you want to e-mail me my home e-mail address is whooper_64@yahoo.com

Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register