Doing good post-op, Feb16, 2010 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doing good post-op, Feb16, 2010 Doing good post-op, Feb16, 2010

Unread 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Doing good post-op, Feb16, 2010

I had robotic surgery on the 16th of February. I have been seen for my post-op visit and my doc says all is well. He says I don't even need to be seen again until my next pap. I was thrown off by that. I thought I would not need those anymore since there is no cervix to test. He said if I had ever had an abnormal pap I would still need to do them annually. Interesting. He said I should see small white things in the toilet as these are the inside stitches that are falling off now. I am still tired more than normal but for the most part my life is back to being just as hectic as it was before. I find it comforting to come here and read others posts to know that I am not alone. It is comforting to read others having the same effects and feeling a bit more justified when I tell the little ones that I need a nap. My body is still having periods without the bleeding. I still start with the killer headache and get like "hit the wall" tired and my breasts ache. But I did rejoice in the fact that there is no more cramping from the middle of my back all the way down to the back of my knees. My sister called my periods the "excorcist period", I literally would explode when I started bleeding and of course it always happened at the most opportune times. So glad that is over now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Re: Doing good post-op, Feb16, 2010

Thanks for sharing! It's so nice to hear from people who are further aong in their recovery and doing well! I'm so glad you're doing well! Thanks!
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:19 PM

I had my surgery the same day as you. My doc also said annual paps and I also had my cervix removed. I also get breast tenderness but I think it is from the vivelle dot estrogen patch. Feeling pretty normal maybe a little less energy and a little heavier than before. Just started a walking program so hope that helps. The good news - no more periods yeah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2010, 08:34 PM

My doctor told me I still had to have yearly exam - no pap, but still a pelvic. I had total leaving my ovaries.
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:50 PM

Feb. 16 was my surgery date too. I'm also feeling pretty much back to normal and back to working and all of the hectic day to day activities. I fall directly to sleep when my head hits the pillow at night! I had a TAH along with removing both ovaries. I'm on HRT and so far, so good. Very thankful that I'm on the other side now. No more heavy bleeding and no more anxiousness about complex cysts on my ovaries. Yay!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register