dVH/RALH 4 months post-hysterectomy, pain and bleeding during sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months post-hysterectomy, pain and bleeding during sex 4 months post-hysterectomy, pain and bleeding during sex

Unread 06-28-2015, 03:24 PM
4 months post-hysterectomy, pain and bleeding during sex

This is my first post, but I've been reading for a while and thank you for all the awesome info archived here. I thought everything was going well and pretty much by the book, but I started spotting a week ago for two days. No pain, and nothing major...it didn't even last more than a few hours each day. Four days of nothing and last night had sex with my husband. It was painful during, like too deep. It hasn't felt like that before, even the first time after. Immediately after I was in a lot of pain and we both noticed I was bleeding. Not an enormous amount, but more than spotting...it was enough to run down my leg a little. And bright red. He freaked out of course, but I said let's wait and see if I soak a pad, because that seems the standard question. I did not before it tapered off. More this morning, but really back to mild spotting. The difference is now there is pain inside. What did we do!?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgansle View Post
This is my first post, but I've been reading for a while and thank you for all the awesome info archived here. I thought everything was going well and pretty much by the book, but I started spotting a week ago for two days. No pain, and nothing major...it didn't even last more than a few hours each day. Four days of nothing and last night had sex with my husband. It was painful during, like too deep. It hasn't felt like that before, even the first time after. Immediately after I was in a lot of pain and we both noticed I was bleeding. Not an enormous amount, but more than spotting...it was enough to run down my leg a little. And bright red. He freaked out of course, but I said let's wait and see if I soak a pad, because that seems the standard question. I did not before it tapered off. More this morning, but really back to mild spotting. The difference is now there is pain inside. What did we do!?

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. What type of hysterectomy did you have? Was your cervix left or removed? That could make a difference.
Unread 06-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Re: 4 months post-op, pain and bleeding during sex

Cervix was removed, yeah. I don't know all the lingo. My friends refer to it as my Tube sock. I think technically it's the vaginal cuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Cervix was removed, yeah. I don't know all the lingo. My friends refer to it as my Tube sock. I think technically it's the vaginal cuff?
Ok, this sounds like it could be granulation or scar tissue bleeding. If that's the case it's fairly common from what I'm told and can be treated in the doctors office. I would give my doctor a call. Keep us posted on your progress.
Unread 06-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Re: 4 months post-op, pain and bleeding during sex

Will call tomorrow and update, thank you for putting me at ease!
Unread 06-30-2015, 02:59 PM

Update, saw the doctor today and he said I have a prolapsed Fallopian tube in between stitches. He said he's only heard of that happening from colleagues, never seen it, and this guy is not young. Definitely a good reason to CALL YOUR DOCTOR if anything seems abnormal. I have to schedule outpatient surgery now. Ugh. He did say nothing I did caused it, but honestly he didn't seem real convincing of anything after making a big deal about never seeing it before. I don't know what the recovery time will be or anything. Annnnd that was a pretty painful exam.
Unread 06-30-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Update, saw the doctor today and he said I have a prolapsed Fallopian tube in between stitches. He said he's only heard of that happening from colleagues, never seen it, and this guy is not young. Definitely a good reason to CALL YOUR DOCTOR if anything seems abnormal. I have to schedule outpatient surgery now. Ugh. He did say nothing I did caused it, but honestly he didn't seem real convincing of anything after making a big deal about never seeing it before. I don't know what the recovery time will be or anything. Annnnd that was a pretty painful exam.
Wow! I'm so glad you went to the doctor. I am so sorry this happened to you. Oddly enough when I questioned my doctor about why he was taking my tubes, he said ovarian cancer usually started in the tubes and and that the tubes were prone to prolapse. I just didn't know that it was related to bleeding. I am so glad you found out. I'm thinking the procedure will be laproscopic....I think that because I kept my ovaries and one has a cyst, my doctor said if it gave me any trouble we could remove it later. I will be thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery. Please keep us posted.
Unread 06-30-2015, 04:14 PM

He said they kept the tubes to sort of keep the ovaries in place (I asked)...he just really seemed surprised this happened. I guess they all have different experiences. He did say he'd be doing the surgery vaginally, which at least means no more incisions.
Unread 07-15-2015, 09:21 PM

The corrective surgery is tomorrow an for some reason I am so nervous. I've never been this nervous for a procedure before. This is with Xanax too. Nothing to do but to do it, I guess.
Unread 07-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Re: 4 months post-hysterectomy, pain and bleeding during sex

I'm sending you and best wishes for your surgery tomorrow! Please post when you're up to it and let us know how you're doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register