post op back pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op back pain post op back pain

Unread 08-07-2005, 10:00 PM
post op back pain

i know its still pretty early, but just want to know if any of my sisters have had severe back pain. i had my lavh on wed aug 3rd. since saturday i have been having pretty bad back pain, lower left side.were in the the world is my bladder? im thinking maybe bladder infection but im not sure being that i had iv antibiotics in the castle. peein about every hour,quite a bit not just a little. anyone else have back pain? is this just part of recovery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2005, 10:20 PM
post op back pain

Back pain seems to be a pretty common complaint after a hysterectomy. I had back pain too. I felt like mine was from having to lay on my back so much since I couldn't lay on my side for several weeks.

I also had to pee ALOT the first week. They pump so many fluids in you at the hospital. I think that is also very common.

At 7 weeks post-op, I am back to all of my normal activities and feeling great, but when I started becoming more active I noticed that the muscles in my back would hurt and burn from the lack of activity for so long. It has gotten much better, but after a long day I still notice it sometimes.

It does get better. It just takes time.

Good luck with your recovery. I wish you the best.
Unread 08-08-2005, 03:58 AM
post op back pain

I had the same backpain...it's like right where your hipbones and spine meet...and you feel like if you just crack your back it'll go away, but, you can't crack your back because your belly's killing you so all you want to do is . My Dr said that the way that we're laying during surgery, in stirrups, puts pressure on the nerves in the lower back, hence the pain, because the nerves are "waking up". The thing that helped me was my pain meds...heating pad...and massager. It does go away. If it get's too bad for you, make sure you call your DR.
Hugz
Bernadette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 06:33 AM
post op back pain

My worst complaint was lower back pain after my surgery. It felt like labor pains! Taking motrine or a prescribed pain med helped along with the heating pad. I kept that heating pad close to me at all times for the first couple of weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register