Hehehe ... just had my last period! :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hehehe ... just had my last period!  :) Hehehe ... just had my last period! :)

Unread 11-21-2000, 09:40 PM
Hehehe ... just had my last period! :)

Hi ladies! Couldn't resist PUBLICLY REJOICING over the hearty farewell I just gave to my LAST period (YEE HAW!). A buddy of mine who lives in Cape Cod jokes that we shall have a tampon burning when she visits next.

All kidding aside, I'm blessed to read the posts of other LIW & know that I'm not the Lone Ranger when it comes to these horrible fears & anxieties that plague me of late. Why do I worry that I won't wake up? And how dare I speak of such a thing? (Side note -- I'd NEVER dare speak of it anywhere but HERE) I have these horrible images of my children having to face life without their mother (I can't believe I just said that ... but it's true). I'm trying to focus on the positives, of course -- like NO MORE PERIODS! WHOOOO HOOOOOOO! Man, is this hard ...

Two weeks & counting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2000, 10:49 PM
Congratulations!

Hello

Mind if I join your party? I can relate for I'm expecting my last period in the next day or so. I hope it will be the next day or so. (never thought I'd say that.)

And don't worry about your fears. They're perfectly normal. When they start getting to you just hang on to the positives. Think about all the things you'll be able to do with your kids that your period prevented you from doing before.

Take care, and don't party too hard!

SJO
Unread 11-22-2000, 12:28 AM

Ladies-
I had to write and tell you that it is truely AWESOME not to have to deal with that monthly "intrusion" anymore! I don't miss it one bit.
I will tell you (excuse the graphic nature of what follows) that in the middle of the month when I get that "discharge", I have forgotten myself and think, "oh no, my periods starting" lol.
BTW, just have to add for those of you wrestling with the cervix question, mine is gone and no problems with lubrication as you can see from the last paragraph, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2000, 04:34 AM

Hey I am starting the second week of my last period (not sure when this one will end...) I just think: At least this is the last one. Just two weeks to go until my surgery. I too am trying to focus on the positives. I am doing this because, of course, I believe that the positives far outweight the risks of surgery. I go from being calm to scared. Right now I am calm (Thanksgiving cooking is taking precedence over worry at the moment).

I am looking forward to donating all those tampons and pads when this is all over. How long do you need pads after surgery ???

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Gobble !
Unread 11-22-2000, 07:23 AM
Pads and Tampons Gone Forever

I too like you ladies did start my last period. Every month I would say when is this one gonna end. I am having a TVH on Dec. 6th (2 Wks), and can't wait. Now there will only be one in the house with the intruder and I feel sorry for her. I just want all the pain to go away. That is when the party will start..
Good luck to all you LIW...will keep you all in my prayers as I know you will keep me in yours

Have a Great Thanksgiving
Unread 11-22-2000, 08:36 AM
I am jealous! :)

Hello Ladies,
My "last: cycle will not start until Dec 5. I just wanted to say I had not thought about to be happy for my last. I am going to take your lead no matter how bad I feel and try to just be happy happy happy!!!HMmmmmm Tampon /Napkin burning party sounds good to me
I have been worried about waking up also. I feel really good about my surg and doctor. I feel well informed ( thank gosh for all the info on this site) My aftercare is my concern very ODD dreams. Like hairy armpits, legs, dust piles like montains....LOL I do not know what all that means.... Anyway, CONGRADS to all of you for your last cycle. Thanks for reminding me that instead of dreading...I need to rejoyce!!!!
Unread 11-22-2000, 09:38 AM

Hello Sisters,

I know the feeling of rejoicing over the last one. Mine was so bad (as per usual) that I was awake for more that 72 hours...couldn't lay down...just did laps around the apartment and rocked back and forth on the floor. I don't miss that one bit!! Post surgery.... I'm feeling pretty darned tooten great...still a little tired, mild pain but nothing compared to that monthly caller.

All you'll need after surgery, and some may not need them at all...is pany liners. I had to wear those for a couple of weeks, and still do just in case!!

hmmm...I guess I'll have to give my sister all of my unused feminine products!! "Here you go....don't need these anymore!!!" HA HA!!

I wish all of you LIW the best. Have a great Thanksgiving (mine has already passed-I live in Canada) and remember that we all have a lot to be Thankful for....especially this site!!

Hugs....
Unread 11-22-2000, 03:50 PM

I am also having those terrible scarry thoughts. I'm scheduled for TAH on 11/27. I had my last cycle a couple of weeks ago and was glad to think that it was my LAST. However, now the thoughts of having surgery set in. I am having all the same thoughts as you. I am looking forward to having it over with and not dreading it anymore and then again I'm scarred about the unknown. Hope things all go well for you.

Good Luck
Pam
Unread 11-22-2000, 05:07 PM

I had my last period last week, and it made sure I wouldn't forget it. It was the worst pain I have had so far. If I had any second thoughts about the hysterectomy before my period, they most certainly were gone when it arrived lol.
Will give my leftover pads to a friend as my daughter hasn't started her cycles yet.
Am looking forward to a life with no pain and clots.
God Bless
Unread 11-22-2000, 08:54 PM

I am now 2 1/2 months post period days! WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE! I"M FREE!!!!!!!! It is so wonderful to pain and hassle free.

The burn party sounds good...me? I wrapped all my old pads and tampons in a couple of boxes...my sisters are getting them for Christmas, lol. They are going to give me hell! HA!

By the way...I had zero, zilch, nada bleeding after my surgery TAH 09/13/00...so, all the extra pads I had bought just in case were added to my sisters care package.

Don't worry about the worry...VERY NORMAL...if you didn't have those feelings, THEN, we would worry about YOU!

Good luck...keep smiling and keep happy thoughts!
Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register