foul mood | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:05 PM
foul mood

No reason to complain because surgery + recovery went well so far but... BUT
-used to be an active person and HATE lying down a lot.
-have to beg my husband for everything - next grocery is 2 km away I can't walk so far
-my mum does my laundry - very nice, but she makes me feel like a 10-year-old and lets me never forget how much she helps out
- I usually cry out loud on Monday and Friday evening - this is the time of my beloved spin-bike classes
- I look like a ghost so no way to leave the house
- just read the thread about the difficulties to wear jeans post OP - OMG - there is nothing else in my wardrobe
- so fed up with knitting ( while lying down)-reading-watching TV and the pains

Sorry for the vent...am ungrateful person with a lot of help and only a very reasonable 11-yr-old-boy to look after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Re: foul mood

I vented today on this very same post, and you should let you mom know that you are to old for guilt trips (my mom does stuff just like that)

Everyone is entitled to a pity party or 2 and do not think you are ungrateful person. It is very hard to accept help from anyone who keeps throwing it in your face. Do you have anyone else that can help...even for a day. If so just let your mom know that if its such a big deal to her that you will find someone else who doesnt mind helping you when you just had major horrible surgery and are in serious pain and are not able to do laundry without risking you health and life ( try to expound on that as much as possible lol)
Just turn the guilt trip back at her, Its what I got to do to my mom or she will spend all day telling me what a great mom she is for helping her disabled daughter ( but makes it sound like i am lazy and just wont do it for myself) I will gladly sit in on your party with hugs and smiles
It wont be long till you are able to do it alone, Just try to remember you are passing thru this bad time, not staying in it

HUGS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register