How many have done this? post op 2 wks - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many have done this? post op 2 wks How many have done this? post op 2 wks

Unread 12-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Re: How many have done this? post op 2 wks

15 days post-op and just remember it will all get better! Keep up the stool softeners, lots of fluids and fiber. I had good luck with pear juice!

I love the "pad" story! Aren't you thrilled you won't have that anymore! I had stress incontinence....was about to sneeze today and crossed my legs into the "no leak" position and then laughed! I don't leak anymore! I stood with my feet apart for the second sneeze and had a personal moment of triumph!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 04:39 AM

Lol at the 'sneeze postion'! I don't leak either anymore! I did wear a heavy pad for about a week the graduated to a liner and 5 weeks out today and wear nothing!

Side note- the day of surgery I started my period, one final adios!!!

I also bought an entire bedroom set with winter white Egyptian cotton and down!!! Go me!
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:50 AM

It was day 5 for me to have BM. Took stool softeners and ate fiber but what finally helped me was a 1/2 cap of Miralax. Still not as regular but much better and not painful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 11:16 AM

I din't have much experince with bleeding Im 4 weeks post op and never really bled at all. BUT the BM's OMG! More pain ful than having a baby! And I had natural childbirth twice! The last few weeks my whole life has been consumed with am I going to poop normal! Which luckily Im pretty close to"normal" No real pain for the last 2 weeks. STOOL SOFTNERS everyday! But with no stimulant unless you talk to your DR. The most important thing (and heres why I had so much trouble) is what you eat! No RICE!! Or Bread, or cheese! When I came home I no longer had that nice nausea patch behind my ear so I could barely eat, but I had to eat something because all the pain pills on a empty stomach made me puke all over. So all I wanted to eat was rice and toast.. HUGE MISTAKE! I spent so many hours in the bathroom crying , shaking, sweating and thinking I was going to die trying to have a BM! Once I finally found out I needed to eat veggies, lots of green ones, but careful with the Broccoli(painful gas) and I even drank 2 glasses of prune jucie every morning, YUCK! Thank ggodness I don't have to that anymore. But even after they became less pain ful I would sit in there and then get up and pace all over the house(walking helps move the bowels, A LOT) for hours. It's such an uncomfortable feeling to have that urge , you can't relax until it's all out. But with the right diet, stool softners and walking ..it does get better!! Good Luck!
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:56 PM

I had my husband buy some stool softener immediately, but the bottle said it would take a couple of days! WHAT? The very first one was tough and was just a rabbit poop. My mother-in-law had metamucil, which worked great. Not saying it wasn't uncomfortable, but it helped. Be sure to drink a lot of liquids!! I also held onto something like the door or sink to help. LOL

I ended up with some bleeding/discharge and my doctor prescribed Cipro and another antibiotic, which caused diarrhea so in a way that was lucky!

Made me appreciate all one of my poor cats went through after she had stomach surgery. No stool softener for her. Poor honey.

Since I still have my ovaries, I'll still bleed a little, but I can deal with that. I had bleeding issues over the past 9 years and a small period will be a relief!
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:09 PM

I asked my Pharmacist about that same thing- taking the stool softners. he knows me very well and has helped me so much over the years. He said as long as there is no stimulant in them they are very safe to take as long as I need them and some people even take them all the time. BUT i would suggest everyone ask their Dr's opinion first because my Dr always reminds me, everyone is different .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register