Adenomyosis? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Re: Adenomyosis?

My personal experience w/ adeno is it continues to intensify each month. Hysterectomy is scheduled for June. I had a Lupron injection in February. It made a difference in reducing the adeno symptoms, with minimal side affects, but surgery is the only real cure. Lupron only bought me time to get through the school year (I teach). Good luck! Adeno is NOT fun. It took 6 months of worsening symptoms before I got a diagnosis. It will be a total of 14 months by the time I have my surgery. It had become life stopping for me, and I'm a marathon runner. My suggestion is to be pro-active - read the resources available through this sight to learn about the disease. Trust your doctor, but also be in charge of your own treatment plan. Again, good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Re: Adenomyosis?

I also have suspected adeno. All my symptoms fit with the diagnosis though. I had a lap done on March 24th and they also found endo in there as well. I have TAH/BSO scheduled for May 26th. I have found in my experience that it does get worse with time. I really have had the symptoms for a LONG time but thought everyone's periods felt the way mine did. Then I had twins 20 months ago and that is when the pain has gotten much worse. My dr tried the pill for awhile but now it just hurts ALL the time. The pain never goes away. I don't know if it is from the adeno or the endo or both. I would recommend other treatments before hyst but it really is the only cure for adeno. Best of luck to you.
Katrina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register