Back Pains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Back Pains

Hello sisters,

I just recently had a TAH with a Full Tummy Tuck, all seems to be going well other then my lower back is killing me. I am currently taking Ibuprofen 800 mg every 6- 8 hours, but even with taking them , my back kills me......Any suggestions? Please Advise

Also I'm starting to get the feeling back in my left hand. They told me all it is going to take is timeand lord knows I have that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Back Pains

It really helped me to put a pillow under my knees when lying on my back and between my knees when lying on my side. Also just walking some.
Unread 09-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Back Pains

I had a TVH on Monday, and the first thing that hurt was my back - worse than anything else. The nurses gave me a heating pad, and I also switched my positions often because I believe it is from lying around a lot more than normal.

I also used the pillow between my legs and it helps - in fact I am sleeping with four pillows now! One in between my legs, one in front of my and slightly under my stomach to support it and one to support my bag. Then I switched sides during the night a few times.

Getting up and walking slowly and standing up helped also ... along with the ibuprofen.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Back Pains

Scatty: My heating pad is my constant accessory where ever I go. It helps so much...
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Back Pains

Honestly....the back pain was the worst....and still sometimes is. I am 11 days out and my back is hurting as I speak. Make sure you move your bowels regularly (this really DOES help back pain). I have also been taking ibuprofen every 6-8 hrs and this helps. I finally got up enough ambition to sit in the recliner one day with a pillow behind me and one on my tummy and this worked wonders! Also, instead of a heating pad (which is dangerous if left on while sleeping) try to get one of those deals you can heat up. I have one from Bath & Body Works that goes either in the microwave or the freezer and it lasts a long, long time! I slept with it last night on my tummy. You can use them anywhere and they are a God send. Good luck and remember....it can only get better! At least we won't have our pesky periods ever again!!!!
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Back Pains

I was 'relieved' to see your messages, as 11 days after a TVH the back pain is the worst. I was a bit worried about it so am glad to see I am not the only one. I will certainly try more pillows.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register