Anyone scheduled or have had outpaient TVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone scheduled or have had outpaient TVH? Anyone scheduled or have had outpaient TVH?

Unread 09-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Anyone scheduled or have had outpaient TVH?

My surgery is scheduled Oct 23rd and I have to arrive at 8am, surgery is a 9:30. I am scheduled to go home the same day. I was wondering if anyone is scheduled for the same (outpatient)or have had outpatient TVH? ot sure what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2006, 09:42 AM

I was hoping for one, but the doc said no. I had never had surgery before and he didn't want to take any chances.

I imagine if there are no complications you'll be in recovery by 11 or 11:30. Maybe you'll be sent home in the evening. Someone should be with you to help keep you steady on your short walks and trips to the bathroom.

I envy you for that. I would have loved to be home.

All I did in the hospital is stay in bed. If you have any discomfort you'll have painkillers to take. I made due with ibuprofen (I had a TVH and rectocele repair).

Good luck to you.
Unread 09-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Hi Berkkris,

I had a LSH at an outpatient facility and as Not-To-Brave mentioned, I went home the same evening. At 6:00 PM.

You might ask your Dr. if you can have the ~option~ to spend the night if need be. That was on my medical file. My outpatient facility was adjoining a hospital - so I could have been wheeled over for an evening stay.

Best wishes,

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2006, 08:08 PM

Thank You, I have had 5 laproscopies and have never had pain after. The pain I have now is worse than child birth, so I am hoping that I feel the good pain, you know, the kind that you kbow will go away and not come back. Thank you again.
Unread 09-30-2006, 04:04 PM

My surgery was called outpatient But i had to spend the night.my Dr.did a cystoscopy (checked bladder) and removed scar tissue.I will tell ya i didnt like staying in hospital.I walked almost all night long i wished i could of went home.But all the walking i did i never had that pain from anastesia (sp)But i was home forst thing in the am by 10am Best wishes.
Unread 09-30-2006, 05:30 PM

Yes I had a TVH and went home the same day. I would do it again in a heartbeat! I had a wonderful experience. I was at the castle be 7:50a.m, surgery was at 8o a.m I awoke in recovery at exactly 8:40 a.m. When I woke up they asked me if I was in any pain. Honestly I didn't have much. It just felt like I had mild period cramps. I took the pain meds in case it got worse. I was awake all morning. By 1:30 They took my catheter out(didn't feel it). By 2:30 I was up and peeing in the toilet. I was given a wash cloth to freshen up.Oh ya they took out my I.V the same time as my catheter. Then I lay back down in bed and had more water and ginger ale to drink. They called my Mum at 3:30 and I was out the door be 4:00. I was really ready to get home to my DH and kids. My Dr ordered for me to have a nurse on call all weekend if I needed demeral. On hand I had tylenol 3's and anti-inflamatory suppositories(sp?) It was a wonderful experience and I was ready because of this website. I knew exactly what to expect and what questions to asked. All my nurses were really impressed. I told them I am a Hystersister!!! If you have any more questions you can PM me if you like.
Remember to Keep Smiling
Edie
Unread 09-30-2006, 05:45 PM

Eggbert,

WOW that was one quick surgery!!!! I had a TVH and my surgery was at 8, mine lasted about an hour and a half. (that was in the room and then waking up in recovery). I was outpatient, however I stayed overnight and went home the next day. Actually outpatient can be anything up to 23 hours. (Observation) I was bored most the night, didnt have hardly any pain. I did have reaction to the pain med and got the itches. LOL -- they gave me something and that helped stop that. I walked around in the evening. The worse part was the catheter, in which I had in until the next morning. Went home the next day and that was about it. I am glad I stayed for the fact I stayed in bed and rested, however I would have rather been home watching t.v. on my own couch. lol

I think everyone and every doctor is different.

good luck,
Lisa
Unread 09-30-2006, 07:45 PM

Thank you all, I feel so much better now that I found all of you.
Unread 09-30-2006, 10:01 PM

Mine is scheduled as 'outpatient', too (23 hours for insurance purposes.) However, I'll go in Monday morning, and the hospital said I'll go home the next morning barring any complications.

This site is truly a godsend for getting "real people" information and help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register