counting down!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

counting down!! counting down!!

Unread 09-07-2004, 04:13 PM
counting down!!

Hey girls, I am sooo counting down my days...... September 17 at 7:30am, it cant come any sooner..... Part of me is nervous and the other is petrified. My ugly little friend(you girls know what I mean) well she had to pay me one last visit!!!!!! Two weeks after her last... but this time, each day that goes by I think to myself, ADIOS!

Sandie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 04:17 PM
counting down!!

Sandie....so nice to be able to say bye to Auntie Flo forever....kick her to the curb....

Luv & Hugs,

Mich
Unread 09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
counting down!!

Aunt Flo just paid me her last visit, surgery is 9/10 can't wait - although getting a little nervous. Mommy is flying in from England tomorrow to look after me (her 35 yr old baby lol), she is staying for 7 weeks and she is the BEST, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all. Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 04:26 PM
counting down!!

Liz...I'm so happy that you will have that extended time to be with your Mom....lot's of catching up to do I bet. God Bless you as your surgery date draws near.

Big Hugs,

Mich
Unread 09-07-2004, 07:48 PM
countdown also

Hi everyone,
I am facing my hysterectomy/bladder sling surgery Sept. 13 and have needed to do this for five years. The only reason I haven't? I have a DH and two little boys ages 8 and 5 and I want to be there for them. Elective surgery is just not something I do every day so I am extremely nervous, yet looking forward to getting it over with. Just trust God! Please pray for me!
LCP
Unread 09-07-2004, 07:56 PM
counting down with all of you

I too am counting down! Sept 22 - two weeks from tomorrow. I am really anxious and I think I have worn out my family and friends with the "operation" talk! But I still think about it every minute and I catch myself just staring into space thinking about it. I am having a total abdominal hyst and what I call a "tri fecta" - uterus, ovaries and cervix! and boy am I scared - not so much for down the road, but for the surgery - I have never had surgery - never been in the hospital and never had my mother take care of me as an adult!! That should make me better sooner for sure! Any advice or commiseration ?
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:31 AM
counting down!!

Hi Sandie!

I'm counting the days down too - Monday, Sept. 13th @ 8:30 am. I'm extremely anxious and just want to get this over with. I'm also scared because I feel like I'm going to start my period any day now and I don't want to have to cancel the surgery if it shows up. Good luck to you on the 17th!
Unread 09-08-2004, 08:54 AM
counting down!!

Sandie. I was also worried that would have to cancel surgery if on period - I asked my Dr he said he makes no difference if on period or not, he will still go ahead with the surgery - check with your Dr. Good luck Liz
Unread 09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
counting down!!

I know what you mean about being nervous, I am a Christian, so I know God will take care of me, but my flesh is fearful of being put to sleep. I started a really bad period on Monday, so I am hopeful this is my last one before the 17th or that it stops before then. I have all these ideas about what it is going to be like. Everyone says it's the waiting that is the hardest, I can see that at least with me. Every event that goes on in our family, I measure it to the date of the surgery, for example, we went on a couple's retreat about 3 weeks ago, so my countdown started, then fishing trip, then a familycamping trip, just happened this past weekend. That was the last planned event before my surgery.. So I understand how it is being consumed by it. That is why I am glad we have this site, so we dont drive our families or friends up the wall....hahahah... Good luck ladies, I will pray for each and every one of you.
Unread 09-08-2004, 09:23 AM
counting down!!

Sndee,
I am doing the same things...and everything has taken on a new meaning for me, even the most mundane things we do as a family! I will be praying for you. It is a good thing we have this site, because I would be jabbering my head off to anyone willing to hear!!!
LCP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register