Brand New Cysts...Yikes! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Brand New Cysts...Yikes! Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Unread 07-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Hello all:

These messages boards have helped and guided me from before my surgery (6-17-05) and continue to help me.

Now...instead of just reading, I need to post!

I've had period problems/pain and ovary problems since my second period at 13. I've had two laparoscopies to remove adhesions, endometriosis and cysts in 1986 and 1995.

I tried for many years to have a baby, but to no avail. God gave me two beautiful stepsons and two great cocker spaniels instead.

I finally got insurance and went back to the doc and begged for a hysterectomy to end my pain at age 42. He FINALLY agreed and I was "off to the races."

I had a LAVH...just uterus and cervix six weeks ago tomorrow. The doc was concerned about my ovaries since the left one was full of cysts and the right one was enlarged and also had cysts.

When he got in there, he found a grapefruit sized cyst attached to my right ovary. He said that instead of my eggs releasing every month, they stayed inside and turned into cysts. He popped/removed all the cysts from both ovaries...woohoo!

Well...the surgery was a piece of cake. I was back to work after two weeks (left early or came in late for the second two weeks) and have done pretty well during weeks five and six.

Until this past Tuesday when it felt like a hot iron poker was sticking into my right ovary. I left work (basically a desk job doing graphic design & marketing) at 1 on Tuesday, took a "happy pill" leftover from my surgery, went to bed, and then spent all of Wednesday in excruciating pain in bed.

Well...sorry this is so long! I had my six week with the Dr. today and he explained my pain. He did an internal and said matter of factly, "your body is doing what it does best...making cysts...your right ovary has about a 3mm cyst on it." (size of a nickel)

I almost fell off the table! It seems I've traded one pain for another!!! He said to wait three weeks for my next ovulation, see how it feels and call him if the pain is bad and we'll talk about my options. One of which is going back in and taking out the offending ovary.

HELP from anyone out there who has been plagued with cysts or other problems. I'm really at my wits end and had to go back to work after two weeks since I don't have any more time off and can't afford to miss any pay.

Has anyone found anything that "stops" or helps cysts? Between this, a DH that was helpful and considerate for the first three weeks, but is about over it; and lack of sleep (only 4 - 5 hours a night...I hate menopause), plus a stressful job, I'm ready to lock myself up somewhere! <grin>

Thanks in advance to all of my "Hyster Sisters" who have been there and continue to share their wisdom and experience to those of us that need their help!

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Michele -

I can't help you here, I had my ovaries out with everything else, but I wanted to bump this back up to the top so perhaps someone else can answer your questions.

HollyK
Unread 07-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Hugs fellow hyster sister... my right ovary was removed because of bleeding and lots of cysts I am told... I still have my left...

I can't answer your question - but know that you aren't alone in this... it must be really disappointing... hopefully your next ovulation will go better...

Hugs!!

Shauna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Michele, I don't understand why your DR left your ovaries if they BOTH had cysts on them like you just explained. I don't have any words of wisdom but at least this will bump you up so that maybe someone will.

I am sorry you are having to go through all this pain again. Hopefully everything will work out, but it really sounds like you could use some hugs. So I am sending lots and lots of 'S your way,
Shan
Unread 07-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Sorry to hear of your cysts returning. Hopefully you and your doctor will come up with a new plan to end the pain soon and all will be better before you know it.

Lots of Hugs,
Aimee
Unread 07-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

HI, I had suffered with cysts for years on my left ovary which was removed during my hyst. I still have my right one and I hope that it does not start producing cysts because like you said they are very painful. I just dont' understand why your doctor did not take your ovaries during surgery if they were so bad. and I don't know how he can tell that you have another one just by doing a pelvic exam. mine were allways found by doing a ultrasound. as far as anything to help them the onlything I know is to either keep having laps to remove them or to have your doctor do another surgery to remove the ovaries. which my doctor tels me can be done through a lap. I asked about this before my hysts when my doc wanted to keep my right ovary if we could to avoid the menopause symptoms which I am having now anyways. I hope it is just because the right one has not kicked in yet. I hope that you get some releif soon. Take Care, Cathy
Unread 07-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Brand New Cysts...Yikes!

Hi Michele,

Preventing cysts depends on what type of cysts you are forming. I have had functional ovarian cysts since I was a teenager. In the past I've had very large and vascular cysts, and once had to have a laproscopy to deal with one of them several years ago. I suspect that I'm forming cysts again, but the pain has not been horrible....and I'm pretty sure that my ovaries are still tender.

The only things that ever prevented my cysts were either being prenant or taking BCP. Neither of these are an option for me anymore....so I'll be waiting things out until I go through menopause.

I hope your cysts resolve soon!

Here is a link to my post about pain from my ovaries since my hyterectomy:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ighlight=Frick

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register