pain when I go to bathroom normal???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain when I go to bathroom normal???? pain when I go to bathroom normal????

Unread 07-31-2007, 09:25 PM
pain when I go to bathroom normal????

Hey I had my tah on the 10th of july but I still have pain in my abdomen whe I use the restroom. It feels like there are raw places in there...is that normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 04:26 AM

I still feel a huge pressure when going to the bathroom, I asked my nurse about it and she said this is normal when you take into account all the things the surgeon needs to do in order to get to your womb, ovaries and cervix etc during the operation.

I am sure you will start to feel it easing up soon as the pain and pressure I feel is alot less than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Take care

Love & Light
Angel Feathers

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:36 AM

Hi belle-my-hero

I had some discomfort too but it didn't last. Have you asked your dr? I wouldn't assume it is normal. It shouldn't hurt to go to the bathroom. If you haven't already done so, call and let your dr know you're still experiencing pain.
If these are bladder spasms there is medicine they can give you to help ease that until you heal some more. Let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM

This lasted for several weeks for me and then one day I realised I could go to the loo normally, both ways........it still hurts sometimes but very rarely and not as much as before by any means. I recall it starting to change around 4 weeks post op apart from first thing in the morning when there was more bladder pressure....

But if you think you may have an infection or you feel there is something wrong then see your doctor and take your temperature same time every day, slightest increase get to the doctor pronto......

Sapphi
Unread 08-01-2007, 02:58 PM

I just asked my doctor the same thing and he said, yes, its normal. I feel pressure in my bladder that goes away as soon as I go to the bathroom. He said it's part of the healing process and as long as their is no burning sensation or fever (neither of which I have) that it is normal.

HTHS

s
Marla
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Hi me again sorry yes I forgot to mention this also, that the nurse said so long as there is no Fever or burning sensation, which would otherwise indicate an infection. I also noticed an improvement in this at about 4-5 weeks post op, I am now in week 6.

Still having my wound dressed every other day as it completely re-opened after staples removed on day 6. This has prolonged the whole healing process as I have to have the wound packed out with sorbsan and re-dressed so often, in addition to which I have M.E.

On a positive though I have gone cold turkey and quit smoking after 29years as a result of my surgery.

Love & Light to ALL XOXOX
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:08 PM

I did ask the doctor and she said normal but I do have a bladder infection. On pills now...I too quit smoking because of the surgery...Yah us!!!!!!!! I know how you feel about the ciggys I felt like I lost a friend....but am not hacking now so very much an improvement.
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:33 PM

HI everyone, I'm in week 8 and still have a little bit of a pressure or spasm maybe, when going to the bathroom. It's slowly getting better. The nurse told me the same thing about moving the bladder to get to everything else.
It hurt in the beginning towards the end of the flow, and slowly you get to be you again . At week 3-4, I felt like I was going to stay like that. It does get better.Resting as much as I could helped alot also. And as for the smoking, I quit too, after 35 years,cold turkey. It seems like all the recovery is in steps,some a little longer than others. I'm just glad it's all over! And I feel a whole lot better than I did before the surgery,so hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register