Questons??? Hard spot on incision ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questons??? Hard spot on incision ~ anyone else? Questons??? Hard spot on incision ~ anyone else?

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Questons??? Hard spot on incision ~ anyone else?

I have a question and then a comment. The first is I have a hard spot in the line of my incision. I have been to the plastic surgeon who did the tt after my hyster, (did both to git r done) and because the incision is red and very hot he put me on antibiotics immediately. (I called him last Saturday.) What I am wondering is if anyone has had this hard spot also and if anyone has been given an explaination as to what it is. The plastic calls it a nuacense. I call it me being afraid. He tells me to rest assured m body will reabsorb it, but that doesn't really help. My pcp said it is probably puss. Also at the two week check up with the gyn, he said "You can do any activity as long as it is comfortable, and your weight restriction is 20 pounds." No kidding! I think he is SOOOOO off on that one because I can't even lift the half full milk jug. Me kinda thinks he is stupid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:17 AM

My incisons are all hard (I have 4 from LAVH), and still VERY tender. Don't know if this is what you have or not. I haven't asked my doc about them, but I did see her last week and she felt them, but didn't express any concerns.
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Thanks for your input. I just don't know if I really need to be concerned but I sure am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM

My incision line is hard. Its its normal. If you get a hard knot that grows and hurts, or the incision is hot and red and oozing...then thats not normal.
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

I had TAH/BSO and I have a hard line along my incision also. It is not overly sore and not red so I am going to wait and ask my doctor at my post-op appt Monday.
Unread 06-19-2008, 12:01 PM

I am going to the dr today cause the length of my incision is hard. I also have been having leg pain, don't know what that is! I'll let you know what she says!
Unread 06-20-2008, 08:33 AM

Thank you all so much I am really concerned. Maybe I should contact the ob instead of the plastic.
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM

my dr told me the hardness was built up fluid and that it would go away w/time... anyone else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register