having panic attacks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

having panic attacks having panic attacks

Unread 04-11-2006, 07:27 PM
having panic attacks

Ok I do suffer from them but my fears are getting worse. I almost passed out during pre testing , and then at my blood doc's today to get iron IV , and at the dentist I dont know if it all is related but I'm scared. Maybe I should try to explain something it might help with your sugguestion of help. The hospital I am going to I had my children there my youngest is 18yrs. 2 1/2 yrs ago my mom went to this hospital for knee replacement surgery and did great ! She looked good and was walking all around . On the 8 th day she was to be realesed and when I went to get her she is in her bed sick as heck . They took 8 hours before doing a cat scan and my mom was crying in pain and her belly was swollen. They gave her the dye to drink well lets just say with in a hour my mom went into cardiac arest and coma . The dye they gave her made her blood sugar go up to 936 yes she was a diabetic and they knew this she was there for 8 days . So needless to say she never woke up her bowels burst and she went sepic a passed away 3 days later after they took out all her organs but her heart thinking that might save her. The funreal director gave us his lawyers card and said he never seen anything like this . So when I went into pre testing at the hospital it was my 1st time back there since my mom .I am so scared that a opps or a mistake might happen to me . It is a good hospital but there also is a bad side to it in my eyes . So ladies now do you see why i am such a mess I dont know if i will even make it in there thrusday morning . I know deep in my heart everthing will be fine but I also know deep in my heart that I'm scared as heck! I have to much to live for my kids and my hubby and my new grand baby coming really really soon. So how do I get calm I really need to for tommorow and I need to start my bowel pre too. I do take klonopin for my attacks have for 16 yrs I'm scared of meds but I think I need alittle help.
Please give me some words of wizdom and help me get strong, I dont wanna have a weak mind and go into surgery that way.

Thank you All
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 07:37 PM
having panic attacks

Sweetie I hope for your sake yu have expressed all your fears to your doctor. Can you call his office tomorrow AM and get a script for anti anxiety meds for u to take before you go in for your surgery? Your fears are most certainly justified..........I am sure all will go smoothly for you. Any sane person would be having the same trepudation (sp.). So sorry about your mother passing and all she went through. She is watching over you.

Your in my prayers.
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:45 PM
having panic attacks

thank you I am gonna call in the morning and I hope there is something I can take
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 08:08 PM
having panic attacks

good luck with every thing. I pray to god for your sake that you have a good DR. hugs.....
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
having panic attacks

Hi Dawn,

I suffer from Panic Disorder too. I've had it for 27 years now. My only suggestion would be to ask your doctor for a quick acting anti-anxiety medicine to help you through this. I'm also on Klonopin but I also take Paxil. Klonopin is a long acting anxiety medicine and our bodies create a tolerance to it so you may not be getting the relief you need if you've been on the same dosage for quite awhile. Adding a quick acting med like Ativan (which my doc gave me for my panic due to my upcoming surgery) or Xanax may give you the extra relief you need right now. You could also ask your doctor to increase your Klonopin if you've been on the same dose for a long time. I hope this helps in some way. I know EXACTLY what you are going through and I really feel for you. This disorder controls our lives. If I can help in anyway, please message me. Good luck!!
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:18 PM
having panic attacks

thank you all my daughter goes to the same doctors for her pregancy and she has an appointment at 1 tomorrow so I am going with her and I am going to ask then for something to help me. Hopefuly I wake up tomorrow with just a calmer outlook j
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM
having panic attacks

Hi I'm so sorry about your panic. I also suffer from panic/anxiety disorder and am having my surgery tomorrow. Hospitals set off my panic as well because that is where I was taken when I had an accident that caused my disorder. My surgeon said that it was fine for me to take my Ativan tonight and before surgery as it disolves under the tongue so no water is needed. I wish you the best, I do feel calmer tonight then I have for the past week so I hope the same is true for you.
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:49 AM
having panic attacks

Dawn,
I am with the others on talking with your dr about this. I just want you to know that I have never had panic attacks before and this last month has been filled with them! It has been terrible but have posted here and found out from others that it is normal(whatever that is anyway). Will be thinking of you in the days ahead.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register