Two Weeks and counting.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Weeks and counting.... Two Weeks and counting....

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Two Weeks and counting....

I have been reading a lot and decided to join in the "fun".
Go in on August 20th for a LSH... 12 week uterus, anemic, exhausted, 15 days of not bleeding per month for years, fibroids, crabby, etc....
Maybe I am delirious, but I can't wait. Looking forward to feeling like a human being. Not real concerned about recovery, other than feeling good and not over doing things, have a history of that. Leaving ovaries and cervix.
I have read many posts from this site and have found much very helpful.
Any more insight?
Thank you to all who have contribute, and I look forward to learning more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:57 AM

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say Hi.

I am also going in for surgery on Aug 20th - uterus only. But I am a bit nervous. Never had surgery before - but looking forward to painfree and period-free life!!!

The sisters on this site have helped me alot. If you have seen any of my postings from when I first joined, the calming effect this site and the wonderful sisters on it have to offer is truly amazing. It has helped me come to terms with it - by understanding what is going to happen, getting a visual on what it will be like and what to expect in general.

I wish I had something more to offer you. But we can count down together!!

amk33

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the note...I have already started "nesting" for the time when I can't. I have had a couple of surgeries, c-section with one of my twins, tubal after my last child and ACL reconstruction. I am certain this will be nothing like my knee surgery and rehab that followed...that was some pain
There will be moments of discomfort, but they are just that, moments. Just focus on the positive, mind set is huge!!!
I look forward to counting down with you and if you "need" anything feel free to let me know too!
Great site and I look forward to more.
Amen to the period free life!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM

Hello! I am Aug. 20th as well. Uterus and cervix. Welcome aboard the no more bleeding to death train. I am very excited as well. People think I am nuts, I know. I go through moments of doubt, then I start cramping and all those doubts are gone. really fast.
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Hi Snoseeker7,

I too had a LSH. I am 3 yrs. post op now and my LSH is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health. My LSH gave me back my quality of life back without fibroids.

Mary: izzy:
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Fear No More Ladies

I had a TAH on May 29th. I am feeling the best I've ever felt!! May advice. Get rid of all of it!!!! Uterus and ovaries are gone. I take zero, zip, zilch, hormone replacements and I am a whole new person. July12th I went back to work, tons of energy, As opposed to 2 weeks out of the month being consumed by mother nature!! I started training to run a half marathon. So ladies,,don't look back. I won't sugar coat it, recovery doesn't take long but you are very tired and have up and down days. Be good to yourselves during this time. The first 3-4 weeks,,,it's all about you. Best of luck to those of you waiting to go to the castle.
Hugs
Princess_71
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:55 AM

Hi all and thanks for all the replies...love to hear what and how many sisters are doing.
I am leaving my ovaries, only 40 and history of breast cancer, and heard that the hormone battle is just that...but wondering about how my hormones will be affected and how much pms will still have. Hoping because the "problem" will be taken care of and I will feel better, my coping will improve.
Anybody???

Looking forward to counting down with you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register