uterus removed due to prolapse on March 30th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

uterus removed due to prolapse on March 30th uterus removed due to prolapse on March 30th

Unread 05-05-2011, 08:36 AM
uterus removed due to prolapse on March 30th

Hello sistas! I feel like I'm at a group meeting...lol..this is my first posting. I'm 34 years old and I had to have my uterus removed due to prolapse on March 30th. I am so grateful that I did this for so many reasons. At first I was concerned mainly about my sex drive...drying up if you know what I mean. I'm in my thirtys...that's not supposed to happen right?!! well, so far to date I have not had that issue at all. but I was also scared of all the other side effects that they warn you about. I'm still nervous because I'm not even two months in yet. But I can say that whatever comes, I'll deal with it over dealing with the pelvic pains, the constant UTIs, the painful intercourse, and the constipation....yes...constipation. Let me explain. At my post op appointment my doctor tells me that my uterus was three times the size of a normal uterus. This is something that causes everything under the belt to just get messed up!!! one of the things is that the weight on the colon causes constipation. Ever since my surgery I am for the first time in my life, regular. Without this surgery, this would have not been discovered. So thank goodness for little blessings.
I just wanted to maybe help someone contemplating the procedure to not be too scared because the outcome will more than likely out weigh the negative. Good luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register