Scheduled LAVH Just went in for me pre op with dr...not happy!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just went in for me pre op with dr...not happy!! Just went in for me pre op with dr...not happy!!

Unread 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Just went in for me pre op with dr...not happy!!

And I'm mad because I barely got 2 minutes with him! I was like 8 minutes late bc there was a huge accident on the main road outside their office. My dr is the type to be very quick anyway. He came in didn't even shut the door and was like you know the drill right? (I had tubes tied/ablation 6 weeks ago so yeah he's right) but we walked out and I'm like WAIT I wrote down questions I gotta ask. So I pulled up my notepad on my phone and in the hallway started asking somewhat personal questions.

Meh...not cool.

Anyway, anything I should know!? I'm worried that my body isn't going to respond well to this surgery (I asked bout this) and he said that complications can be infections, bleeding, etc. that sucks!

I had jaw surgery in '09 and y jaw moved back for the most part. My body hates birth control of any kind. IUD caused me to have chronic infection. Anti depressants never really worked either. And my last surgery worked...but my body somehow didn't like it either and I have severe pain and lots of bleeding (lining grew back). So that's why I'm nervous this time!!

Suggestions? My surgery is Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Re: Just went in for me pre op with dr...not happy!!

Dear Kelcortez,
I do not usually do well with meds and iv's etc either. I still have some complications from a wisdom tooth removed 10 years ago. But, I did great with this one! My only "complication" was my reaction to the general anesthesia. I wasn't prepared for a reaction at all. The pain was almost nothing, and I can't even tell you how much better I feel now I don't have any more periods
I understand your nervousness, we're all here with you. Good luck.
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM

I'm so sorry. I have my last apt with my dr wednesday and i want all my questions answered. They might think it's no big thing because they do them all the time but it's a big deal to us. Try to stay calm and positive. Let them know in preop you have had issues before wiyh anstheia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2013, 04:29 PM

(((HUGS))) What specific questions did you have? We can tell you what our docs told us going into surgery if you like.
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Just went in for me pre op with dr...not happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acholloway View Post
I'm so sorry. I have my last apt with my dr wednesday and i want all my questions answered. They might think it's no big thing because they do them all the time but it's a big deal to us. Try to stay calm and positive. Let them know in preop you have had issues before wiyh anstheia.
I actually didn't have issues with the anesthesia . Is your surgery Thursday? Mine is! I wish you luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register