BLEEDING and PAIN 7 weeks post hysterectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BLEEDING and PAIN 7 weeks post hysterectomy. BLEEDING and PAIN 7 weeks post hysterectomy.

Unread 09-17-2014, 11:36 PM
BLEEDING and PAIN 7 weeks post hysterectomy.

I went back to work yesterday as a primary teacher despite a rotten cold,
I now have slight bleeding and pain mainly in my tailbone area.
I have had bowel issues the past 4 days too.. sudden cramping.
Is this normal? I feel so down and fed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Re: BLEEDING and PAIN 7 weeks post hysterectomy.

Some women do have bleeding past 6 weeks. Bleeding can appear as a normal part of healing, as the stitches dissolve at the vaginal cuff or if we have done too much. Did your doctor do an internal exam when he cleared you to return to work? If you cuff looks normal you're likely fine and I would personally try to take it a little easier at work. Don't lift anything, don't stand too long without sitting for a bit. Put your feet up on a stool or something under your desk. And when you get home, have a rest. Freeze dinners over the weekend to help with meals next week. Let your family know for the next couple weeks all you're doing is work and rest. 7 weeks is not too far post op, some pain and bowel issues are common. Keep a water bottle on your desk at work to keep hydrated and hopefully your bowels happy. Eat gentle foods for a while so you won't cramp. Give yourself some TLC, in my experience recovery is no easy feat! You will get there... It's a marathon, not a sprint!
Unread 09-19-2014, 10:52 AM

Thank you xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Some women do have bleeding past 6 weeks. Bleeding can appear as a normal part of healing, as the stitches dissolve at the vaginal cuff or if we have done too much. Did your doctor do an internal exam when he cleared you to return to work? If you cuff looks normal you're likely fine and I would personally try to take it a little easier at work. Don't lift anything, don't stand too long without sitting for a bit. Put your feet up on a stool or something under your desk. And when you get home, have a rest. Freeze dinners over the weekend to help with meals next week. Let your family know for the next couple weeks all you're doing is work and rest. 7 weeks is not too far post op, some pain and bowel issues are common. Keep a water bottle on your desk at work to keep hydrated and hopefully your bowels happy. Eat gentle foods for a while so you won't cramp. Give yourself some TLC, in my experience recovery is no easy feat! You will get there... It's a marathon, not a sprint!
Excellent advice. Thanks. Because even after two years my system is still very sensitive. One week my bowel movements and abdomen will be just fine. Then the next week my bowels are sluggish and my abdomen is sore from carrying that 32oz jar of hair gel and conditioner for a mile. So you are so right, it takes time and it teaches you to be more patient and loving to your temple. Have a wonderful weekend.
Unread 09-20-2014, 11:14 AM

Can bearly walk today. I don't have a desk as my class are 4 yo 7 year old. .. hard to sit on the tiny chairs!.
Unread 09-20-2014, 11:34 AM

Bring a proper sized chair into your classroom.
Unread 09-20-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlock68 View Post
Can bearly walk today. I don't have a desk as my class are 4 yo 7 year old. .. hard to sit on the tiny chairs!.
When my doctor said I was ok to go back to work after six weeks, I remember feeling as if I still needed another 2-3 weeks. I know that each circumstance is different, and sometimes we must go back to work. Some of us are lucky to be able to take off a number of weeks and have a job to come back to. So I feel for you. Is it possible to ask for extra help temporarily for a few weeks until so you can heal better? Also please speak to and see your doctor. No heavy lifting. At this delicate stage even a 2 liter bottle of soda can sometimes feel like your lugging bricks. Please please be careful, stay hydrated, if you can alternate sitting and standing regularly. And please call the doctor asap. I hope that soon you feel so much better.
Unread 09-20-2014, 11:56 AM

I too think u should get in to see your dr. At least to get told u are ok & just over doing it. Hopefully you get to feeling better soon but plz get it checked out! Hugs to u
Unread 09-20-2014, 12:24 PM

It feels like my tailbone is being ripped out. Back on cocodamol
Unread 09-20-2014, 12:25 PM

It feels like my tailbone is being ripped out. Back on cocodamol. Feeling very fed up and down. . Back to feeling like I did 4 or 5 weeks ago

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register