Tomorrows the big day!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrows the big day!!!!! Tomorrows the big day!!!!!

Unread 07-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Tomorrows the big day!!!!!

[color=RoyalBlue][b]and boy am I glad. I thought that I would be nervous the day before, but I am actually calm. I don't know what the rest of the day has in store for me, but for now I am cool calm and collected. I got all my shopping done last night, and am almost completely packed. Will be going to have lunch w/ DH this afternoon, and will be making a nice dinner before my bowel prep. My dr was actually quite relaxed about the whole thing when we talked yesterday. She said that as long as I use something to "empty out" tonight. Then I have to take a preg test in the morning per hospital requirements. I am so happy that this waiting will be over in just a few more hours. The waiting has taken its toll on me, but I am none the worse for wear. I am so grateful for all my sisters on here who have supported me through this whole journey, and I know that I would not have made it this far sane if not for this site. Big 'S to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 07:52 AM

Big HUGGS to you, little sister. We will be waiting to welcome you as a Princess!

And trust me, WAITING IS TRULY the WORST! Seriously! Thought I'd go BONKERS!

Had a great time healing and am doing fine (except for the occasional tiredness).
Unread 07-12-2005, 08:00 AM

Hi dlw0420,

It sounds like you are all ready to go!! I am sending my best wishes for an easy surgery and recovery for you. Remember, as a princess you will need to be pampered. Plan on getting lots of and lots of water.

Be sure and let us know how you are doing post-op!!!!

s,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll be joining you tomorrow!

Hope everything goes well for us and everyone else scheduled tomorrow.

Can you send some calmness over my way? I sure could use it. I went around yesterday with feelings of panic just washing over my body throughout the day. As I told my hubby, the waiting, imagining, and anticipation makes it worse for me.

I just hold tight to the thought that the first few days will be rough, but with each day, things will get better.

Good luck to everyone! :dance2:
Unread 07-12-2005, 08:57 AM

Best of luck to you tomorrow. Take good care! Melanie
Unread 07-12-2005, 10:03 AM

I am sending my best wishes for an easy surgery and recovery for you!!!

Only 10 days to go for me!!
Unread 07-12-2005, 10:10 AM

Hey - that makes THREE of us - I too am scheduled for tomorrow - just awaiting the call telling me the time.... morning or afternoon...

I am having a total abdominal but keeping just the overies....

And I am having a vertical incision it would seem as I had a C-section that way 15 years ago...

Shauna
Unread 07-12-2005, 11:55 AM

DNA and Shauna...Good Luck to you both also. I am glad that this is going to happen tomorrow. I know this morning I said I was feel calm. Well the closer it comes to time to take my kids to their respective temp homes, the worse I feel. I sort of feel like I am dumping them off on people. I think it is just separation anxiety, because I have never had to deal w/ being away from them unless it was just for a sleepover they went to. I am still calm about the surgery, and the recovery, just not leaving the kiddos. I'll get over that soon though I am sure. I hope you both do as wonderfully as I know I will. God will be with us all when we are on the tables tomorrow. He is always watching over us and protecting us.
Unread 07-12-2005, 12:54 PM

Aww... how old are the kids? My youngest turns 15 on the day I am to be released from the hospital - so I don't have to worry about him or his siblings... the kids will be fine - maybe a bit worried, but I am sure that you have found them great places to be while you recover and are in hospital - I had to stay at a friends when my mom was out of town and I was only 5 - and I had a blast!!

I will be praying for my hyster sisters - I am still awaiting my time to go in - I expect the call from the hospital anytime now... and I am getting my tunes ready on my MP3 player to take with me!! Music can be very comforting so I will be using that to relax and start my recovery!!

In someways it seems surreal that this is going to happen!! I have LOTS to keep me busy today so I won't have much time to think about it... I am not really nervous - well at least not THAT much...

Anyways - I have to run to the chiro so that my neck is in line before I start this - I am taking my pillow with me to the hospital to protect my neck... and I am running to the library to pickup a couple of last minute books that came in... I have movies lined up & a friend going to swarm me with lots of chick flicks for my recovery!! (I don't think that comedy would be the best as I imagine that laughing will hurt!!)

Hugs and prayers!!

Shauna
Unread 07-12-2005, 01:31 PM

Shauna, My kids range in age from 3 through 13. Cody is my bonus baby (hes the 13 yr old) I was lucky enough to marry into him. Dylon is my first bio child and is almost 8. Makayla is our Princess and is 5 yrs old. She is the only girl we have, so you can imagine how spoiled she is. Cory is our miracle baby. When I was pregnant w/ him the dr talked me in to inducing, and was 6 weeks off on my due date. He was, as I said, 6 weeks early, and didn't do well when he was first born. He was in the NICU for 2 weeks, but he is doing great now. He is 3 1/2 now, and you cant tell he ever had any health problems at all.

It's not that I don't trust the people I have arranged to keep the kids, but I dont like that they have to be split up, and I dont like having to leave them for more then just a night. I will be able to see them when they come up to the hospital, but I dont like that I wont be the one taking care of them. Call it Mother Hen Syndrome. LOL!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register