Pre-op Nesting Frenzy ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op Nesting Frenzy ! Pre-op Nesting Frenzy !

Unread 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Pre-op Nesting Frenzy !

As soon as I got my date ( November 9) I started the cleaning. I am like a mad woman. Plus , I am in pain and the cleaning seems to overtake my body anyway.

Anyone have any super pre-op easy cleaning ideas , and ideas how to stop myself from doing so much because it is starting to create more pain . But I HAVE TO get the place almost sterilized. Am I totally crazy ?

I am thinking of hiring a cleaning woman , but I have to get it clean enough first !

Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Re: Pre-op Nesting Frenzy !

You are NOT totally crazy...I have been cleaning practically everyday for approximately 4 weeks (a one bedroom apartment!)...Have SAH tomorrow and will spend tonight cleaning the refrigerator and the floors AGAIN!...LOL
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:19 PM

LMAO!! Me too I was just wondering today if that were the norm....you are in good company!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2009, 03:57 PM

Same here, too funny!!!!
Unread 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM

No, I don't think you're crazy... but that might only be because I'm doing the same thing.
I go in tomorrow. I have cleaning people coming tomorrow while I'm in the hospital, but in the meantime.... I have washed everything - sheets and towels and clothes. I have packed my bag (picking out tonight's pj's, tomorrow's outfit and what I can wear home). I've been to Costco, the grocery store and Trader Joe's. The kitty cat's food and water have been replenished and she is fully stocked on treats. And my husband's coffee pot is already set for the morning.
My husband keeps reminding me he can do that stuff when I need him to, but I still stocked up on juices and healthy foods.
I don't have to do the bowel prep, but they told me to have a liquid dinner. How bad is it that I want to know if vodka or chardonnay count as a clear liquid? They didn't give me any alcohol restrictions - just aspirin and vitamin supplement stuff.
But I feel you about the activity causing more pain. And all I can take these days is Tylenol. Doesn't quite cut it, but it's almost over. We can do this!
Unread 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM

Vodka and Chardonnay do not count!!! (We wish) LOL...Going in tomorrow, too. Drink lots of water! Good luck!...See you in Post Op!!
Unread 09-22-2009, 04:16 PM

Thanks, Luasanne! I'm already drowning in broth and water... I'll just have to wait for the good stuff at the hospital
Good luck to to you tomorrow!
Unread 09-22-2009, 04:36 PM

The only reason I logged back on tonight is because I am WORN OUT from cleaning.... LOL... my friends and family are making fun of my super nesting but it does seem to keep my mind from worrying. I have had the most effective cleaning day yet with a brillo pad (man, that thing cleans everything!) My TAH is 9/28 so I can rest then...
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:46 PM

So funny; I had this same discussion with my grams this morning. I am not nesting though, I am purging. I am throwing out everything that sits still for more then 30 seconds. I guess that my sub-conscious figures if it's getting rid of my uterus might as well get rid of all this other useless stuff too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register