2 Days Left :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Days Left :( 2 Days Left :(

Unread 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM
2 Days Left :(

Well, it's down to 2 days left and I still feel like there is so much left to do. I must finish cleaning, I have to go grocery shopping, and laundry to get done. I was on top of things last week but then I got the stomach flu which set me back quite a bit. All I really needed to do was spot clean but now I must disinfect the whole house from this violent stomach flu I had.

I have no idea what kind of food to put in the house but I know I need stuff as my fridge is completely bare. They say stay away from gassy foods??? So I'm planning on wandering around Costco at some point today. I just got my energy back today from the flu and now tomorrow I must clean out my body with the magnesium citrate for this procedure! The thought of gagging that stuff down and spending yet another evening in the bathroom is killing me.

I guess I'm just kinda freaking out now because its so close and much more real. They moved my surgery from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. now which I think makes it worse because your left with that unbelievable hunger feeling longer as you stare at the clock waiting for them to come in and wheel you to the OR room.

I'm trying to see the silver lining here, like everyone wants me to see. I will no longer be suffering in pain and I will feel so much better but still all I feel is I'm so devastated that I will never be able to have kids. It's all I've ever dreamed of for as long as I can remember. And I can't help but feel my dream is over and know I have nothing to look foward to in life. And as I've said before it infuriates me when people say I can adopt! I'm single and that's just not possible!

My favorite play of all time is Les Miserable, it's so ironic it was just released in the movies a few week prior to my surgery. The lyrics to I Dreamed a Dream keep playing in my head. "Now Life Has Killed The Dream I Dream?" I'm just so sad...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Re: 2 Days Left :(

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I was running around two days before my surgery trying to get everything done too. I froze a lot of food so I just had to pop it in the microwave. I was a mess before surgery.
I too was struggling about not having kids things but there is nothing I can do. I needed to worry about my health and how I am going to do stay some what healthy. I was told if I had waited I would have been really sick in 2013.
I am sorry you are going through what you are.. Take it slow and do what you can before surgery. Dont get discourage about getting it all done. See if you cannot find someone to help you in this time. Good luck
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM

I feel your pain! Although I still have two weeks, it feels like it's all so fast. I just had no idea the emotions that came with this. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM

I lived on yogurt and saltine crackers for about a week post-op. And water, water, water. Eating yogurt 2 or 3 times a day will assist in the almost-inevitable post-op bowel issues nearly all of us had. Best of luck to you! :-)
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:43 PM

frozen pot pies If you have a Aldi store I sware theirs are as good as Marie Calander Dont underestimate soup.Especially post op.Good luck. Maybe post on FB that you need a casserole shower or have a friend make phone calls asking for a meal to be dropped off.It would be more helpful then cards or flowers.Everyone loves to help they would just love to know how
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM

I totally suggest Super fast and easy stuff to eat. I've been eatting yogurt and it seems to help with the after surgery BM, also soups and sandwiches.
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM

My surgery was at 2:30 in the afternoon, so I know how you feel about having to be hungry all morning! Here's the good news -- you have less chance of reacting poorly to the anesthesia the longer you are without food or drink. It's not much, but it sounds like you need a little "silver lining". Many hugs and comforting thoughts coming your way. I'm so sorry you're having such sad thoughts right now. Just know that you're not alone.
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin01 View Post
Well, it's down to 2 days left and I still feel like there is so much left to do. I must finish cleaning, I have to go grocery shopping, and laundry to get done. I was on top of things last week but then I got the stomach flu which set me back quite a bit. All I really needed to do was spot clean but now I must disinfect the whole house from this violent stomach flu I had.

I have no idea what kind of food to put in the house but I know I need stuff as my fridge is completely bare. They say stay away from gassy foods??? So I'm planning on wandering around Costco at some point today. I just got my energy back today from the flu and now tomorrow I must clean out my body with the magnesium citrate for this procedure! The thought of gagging that stuff down and spending yet another evening in the bathroom is killing me.

I guess I'm just kinda freaking out now because its so close and much more real. They moved my surgery from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. now which I think makes it worse because your left with that unbelievable hunger feeling longer as you stare at the clock waiting for them to come in and wheel you to the OR room.

I'm trying to see the silver lining here, like everyone wants me to see. I will no longer be suffering in pain and I will feel so much better but still all I feel is I'm so devastated that I will never be able to have kids. It's all I've ever dreamed of for as long as I can remember. And I can't help but feel my dream is over and know I have nothing to look foward to in life. And as I've said before it infuriates me when people say I can adopt! I'm single and that's just not possible!

My favorite play of all time is Les Miserable, it's so ironic it was just released in the movies a few week prior to my surgery. The lyrics to I Dreamed a Dream keep playing in my head. "Now Life Has Killed The Dream I Dream?" I'm just so sad...
Pumpkin01- I feel your pain and anxiety which I am experiencing the same thing. My surgery is at 8:15am tomorrow morning. I have been busting my butt the last couple days to get things it order so that I have today to take it easy. I have been suffering with some abdominal pain the last couple days and hoping this will be gone after the surgery. I figured the best thing to do is to take care of yourself today and relax. I am going give myself a mani and pedicure with the clear nail polish since you can't have color paint on them. Take a warm bath tonight to relax me somewhat to sleep tonight. Hope this help
I am here for you sister. We will get through this together.
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear25 View Post

Pumpkin01- I feel your pain and anxiety which I am experiencing the same thing. My surgery is at 8:15am tomorrow morning. I have been busting my butt the last couple days to get things it order so that I have today to take it easy. I have been suffering with some abdominal pain the last couple days and hoping this will be gone after the surgery. I figured the best thing to do is to take care of yourself today and relax. I am going give myself a mani and pedicure with the clear nail polish since you can't have color paint on them. Take a warm bath tonight to relax me somewhat to sleep tonight. Hope this help
I am here for you sister. We will get through this together.
My surgery is at 11:30 a.m. Going through the whole grueling bowel prep. Uhhgg... Can't wait til that dies down til I can finally try to get some rest. I'm so mentally exhausted. Got most of my stuff done, I'm just doing the countdown now. And I hope I haven't forgotten anything.

I spent most of the day with family. They took me to see Les Miserable which meant so much to me. Hope all goes well with you tomorrow my friend, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Big Hugs to you my friend, see you soon on the other side...
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Thank you guys all for your comforting comments and great suggestions. It truly helped me in preparing for tomorrow. This website has been such a lifesaver and it means so much to me to have such a strong support group. You guys truly are like sisters to me. Big Hugs to you all... And many blessings...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register