1week post op appt and released! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1week post op appt and released! 1week post op appt and released!

Unread 12-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Re: 1week post op appt and released!

Oh we will be very careful when it's time, like i said, I'm not ready just yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:26 PM

You're not ready, not already. Your insides have stitches, lots of stitches. Your vaginal cuff is fragile. Is your doctor giddy with the festive season, to the point of being unrealistic? Very bad things can result from pushing the body too hard, I don't care how highly your doctor thinks of her technique. It is what it is. Please be careful. This is the same doctor who might deny her clearing you for activities that cause you severe physical harm, it such happens. LOOK OUT FOR YOU.
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:07 AM

Don't let her make you feel like it's your fault if you don't feel like she says you should. Personally, week 3 was my worst week of recovery in terms of pain. I would hate for you to be back at work next week and then have to fight both your boss and your doctor for the time you should have been granted to begin with.

There's a saying here about sending your cape to the cleaners after this surgery...your doctor is trying to tie it back on you too soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2013, 01:26 AM

I also had mine a TVH on Dec 21. And I'm glad your feeling great. I bearly got through my quick trip to walmart today. I came home and fell on my bed. And would be scared to have anything near my vagina anytime in the near future. I don't even go back to my Dr for 6 weeks. Thank you all this site has helped me so much.
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:11 AM

Whether my doctor clears me at 6 weeks or 6 years, I don't think I EVER want to have sex again after reading the horror stories of what can happen.

One of my favorite sayings, applicable to many situations in life: Just because you *can* doesn't mean you *should*.
Unread 01-01-2013, 05:40 AM

I am also very surprised..I would wait the 6 weeks as something really sounds wrong here..I also kept my cervix and my doctor said absolutely NO sex for 6 weeks...He even cautioned against outercourse because that could lead to other things.
PLEASE be careful, the 3rd week has been really difficult for me..spotting started...still exhausted...wait wait...
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:31 AM

At 14 days I was filling the toilet with bright red blood.several times a day.. Went for my 2 week exam and turns out I was torn from the uterine stabilizer with daVinci... I needed to be cauterized and still need to take it easy... I'd say no to sex. No way and I too have my cervix.
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:35 AM

Unbelievable! I wonder if anyone else out there has been cleared so fast! Wow! I'm 6 weeks, and man, yeah what everyone else said. I still haven't been cleared for anything! Granted I had a TAH, but even after 1 week you can still develop complications, which I did. I developed a hematoma after a week. Bled for 5 weeks. Was anemic - slowed down healing.

Heck, women pop stitches and damage their cuffs just masturbating or walking to far at the mall or lifting laundry. I certainly don't want to insult a doctor, but it just doesn't make sense to me. It just doesn't sound right hat you are all healed up after 1 week. The possibility of infection - ack! I would at the very least give yourself 3-4 weeks.
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM

well technically the surgery was eleven days ago, and even though she released me, im not saying im going to attack my husband! lol...im still healing, she even said i may want to wait a couple more weeks. besides, im still spotting a tiny bit, and yuck! thats gross anyway. thats pretty much the only thing that s reminding me i had surgery, along with some soreness...so two weeks (14 days) plus the eleven gives me a window of havin a little fun, who says it has to be intercourse!
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:50 AM

While I understand where you are coming from, please please refrain until you no longer have pain or anything. Week 3 I started bleeding, it has increased..and last week there was nothing. I do hope you follow the 6 week rule and someone really needs to check out this doctor. On this entire site I have only seen 6 weeks minimum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BthEln View Post
well technically the surgery was eleven days ago, and even though she released me, im not saying im going to attack my husband! lol...im still healing, she even said i may want to wait a couple more weeks. besides, im still spotting a tiny bit, and yuck! thats gross anyway. thats pretty much the only thing that s reminding me i had surgery, along with some soreness...so two weeks (14 days) plus the eleven gives me a window of havin a little fun, who says it has to be intercourse!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register