3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible

Unread 08-12-2015, 08:45 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible

I have been experiencing extreme tenderness between my bellybutton and above my incision. It even hurts for fabric to touch it sometimes. I'm wondering if it is bc I tried wearing my jeans for several hours, several days this week and I wore a slimming body dress under my dress to a wedding reception on Saturday. Could the pressure of these be causing my tenderness? I just found this site tonight and i'm learning so much. I have also been experiencing heartburn the last few days and upper back pain. In general, I feel miserable. Is it bc I've just been overdoing it? Went to doctor today and they are running blood tests to see if there are any red flags. No fever, incision looks good....just feel horrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2015, 08:06 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible

Yes, it could be that you're doing too much. My Dr told me to not irritate the tenderness by wearing things too snug. He stressed that trying to get recovered quickly will only set me back. I feel a lot better with my binder on, it's pretty much the only thing I can tolerate still at 3.5 weeks post op.
Unread 08-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible

I am 10 weeks later and I still can't wear anything with a zipper or button. I wore a pair of my normal dress pants for work yesterday. It was all I could do to make it through the whole day with them on. I am back in a skirt today. It is the nerves that are regrowing that make the area very tender and over sensitive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Extreme tenderness between incision and belly button - feeling terrible

Same here.. I can only tolerate stretchy pants or loose dresses. I tried wearing jeans the other day and after about an hour I had to have it unbuttoned because the sensation was driving me nuts..lol I have 4 small incisions, but the one that bothers me the most is the one above my belly button..
Unread 08-13-2015, 12:25 PM

I agree with Jka972 and Chi77. I'm 10 weeks post op with a 6" vertical incision. I tried my skinny jeans last week and the incision site straight up hurt for days. I wear my binder in the evening and and loose dresses and pants with no zippers/buttons as well. I just found a store that is doing fashionable dress slacks but are "pull ups" which felt great this week at work, no hardware to cause irritation. I think it will be a few months before I try jeans on again. Someone also suggested that if you have to wear jeans or pants with zippers, put some gauze (or I was thinking even a panty liner) on the incision with your panties over it to pad that tender area. I now it sounds very odd (and I sure wouldn't want my hubby seeing me trying that technique) but it sounds like it may help with comfort when you just have to wear jeans!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register