More Pain at 3 Weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More Pain at 3 Weeks More Pain at 3 Weeks

Unread 02-20-2010, 02:26 PM
More Pain at 3 Weeks

I had a SLH on 1/26/10. Have been feeling quite good, better and better each day, UNTIL day before yesterday (3 wks, 2 days post-op). I sat all day at my desk at work, and by about 3:30 I was in PAIN. Much more than I've felt since I got home from the hospital. Down low, by "big" incision.

Anyone else have this experience?

I've been laying low since then -- on the couch, back to my 600mg Motrin, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Re: More Pain at 3 Weeks

I had davinci surgery on Jan 25th. sitting is the worst for me as far as pain goes. I always need to sit back on my tailbone or kind of put a leg underneath me so I am not putting direct pressure down on my pelvis. I imagine you just overdid it. I haven't hardly been off the couch yet - just 3-4 short trips out with the family - so you are really doing great. I just think you overdid it a bit and will need to back off and the pain will subside.
Unread 02-22-2010, 08:09 AM

Thank you, sillywhim. I think you are right. I have been smart enough not to exercise / exert myself as much as I normally would, but it never occurred to me that SITTING would cause pain.

I have been laying low all weekend, and when I did go out I put on Spanx (from mid-thigh to just under bra) plus "tummy-tuck" jeans (lots of spandex). I felt like I had girded up my loins. haha That helped when I had to be upright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2010, 08:47 AM

I am 6 weeks post op, and I know that I realized what I did all day, or even the day before, had a big impact on my pain. I would have days I thought all my pain was gone, and then have a day here and there that my pain would come back with a vengeance. Sometimes I knew I did too much before that day, and there were other times I felt I did nothing different at all, but the pain just got worse or came back. I do think this is normal, during all the healing cycles your insides are going through, you will most likely continue to experience this for several more weeks. I have had alot of ups and downs, and my doctor continues to tell me that is all normal. They cut alot of nerves, and as these regenerate and begin to grow back at all different times, these themselves cause pain, different in everybody. If it is extreme, and resting does not help, I would call your ob surgeon just to check in and let them know whats going on. Its always good to keep them informed, and put your mind at ease also. Stress and worry will have a significant impact on your recovery, so you should not have to worry on top of the pain and changes in your body. This is just my opinion, I hope it was helpful and good luck to you in your recovery.
Many Hugs to you
Have a peaceful day,
Mary
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:20 AM

Thank you, Mary, that helps a lot. I did see my doc, and she also said what I was feeling was nothing to be alarmed about. Even w/the minimal incisions for an SLH, there are still cuts through my abdominal muscles, and they must knit back together. The "big" one (1/2") especially, is the one that hurts, down just above my pubic bone.

I am trying to be a patient patient! Not my forte. But the cool thing is, all the old "uterus" stuff I've dealt with for years are GONE!!!! Now I am just recovering from surgery.

God is good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register