3 weeks post op..is this strange?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op..is this strange?? 3 weeks post op..is this strange??

Unread 10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
3 weeks post op..is this strange??

Heya hiya sisters!!! I am 3 weeks post op today, and am feeling WOW...I dont know what it is, and if I am going to pay for this another day down the road, but since firday I have been full of energy (for the most part) and just wanting to go go go...I did some light house cleaning today, mainly cleaning kidlet hand prints off walls, and put a load of laundry in and re-organized my dresser...(hubby is great but doesnt see the lil things LOL) I just was very worn out after all this and slept like a rock for 2 hours. Am I going to pay for this burst of energy later?? has anyone else expirienced this?? I also was told last week I have a fairly large heamtoma..and should take it easy, other than lower right flank pain, I am feeling good ...tell me please what to expect from this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 04:39 PM

hey mileena, take it from a fellow sister with a large hematoma...DON'T OVERDUE IT!!! you dont want to bleed anymore. what advice did they give u about ur hematoma. i am 8 wks into this with a grapefruit size hematoma on my vaginal cuff. i am at my wits end
Unread 10-02-2006, 04:43 PM

ohhh i really hate my doc he gave me NO advice..he just explained the basics, that it will re-absorb eventually and that it will call pain :drives me crazy: Anything I have learned I have learned on here in this site...thats a good thing, but I wish my doc was more helpful. There are just somethings, I really I dont understand, and I wish I did, ya know??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 05:20 PM

I had that on Saturday.....HUGE burst of energy, went with my DBF shopping for his motorcycle trip to Vermont, it was a great day and then......

WHAM! I was so exhausted and sore yesterday and today I spent most of the day lounging around not feeling like even moving. After all I've read on here regarding adhesions and hematomas, I am not pushing it....

I go back tomorrow for my 2 wk post op.....
Unread 10-02-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl1228
hey mileena, take it from a fellow sister with a large hematoma...DON'T OVERDUE IT!!! you dont want to bleed anymore. what advice did they give u about ur hematoma. i am 8 wks into this with a grapefruit size hematoma on my vaginal cuff. i am at my wits end
I have large external hematomas related to going in g=for emergency surgery form the castle. Nothing I did to create it. My solution for this was to go to peripad.com or peripad cold compress.com, and bought three cases. Surgery was three weeks ago, (had to stay in castle for 1 entire week. They taught me about that relief there. They are quite expensive, and my favorite ones are made by medline.

Hope this helps, those big ole black bruises hurt!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register