one ovary left and feeling horrible | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one ovary left and feeling horrible one ovary left and feeling horrible

Unread 03-19-2007, 09:17 PM
one ovary left and feeling horrible

I had my TAH just 3 weeks ago today! They left one ovary that was "perfect". I'm feeling fine incision wise, but very light headed, having waves of nausea, tired but can't sleep, hot and cold and sweaty all at the same time. I feel like I am pregnant to be honest. I saw the PA at my office just last week and she said that it was the hormones from the one ovary trying to compensate for the lost ovary. She said that it was normal and should take 2 weeks post-op to even out. But still at 3 weeks feeling yucky!! I am going to see the Dr. on Thursday but was wondering if any of you have experienced this problem?? I am just so tired of feeling like this and it has only been 3 weeks!
Thanks for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Hi, yup, I have one ovary and at 11 weeks post op have some yucky days still. I know that it takes awhile to really heal, some have said it could take up to a year. And it takes more then a couple weeks for hormones to even out, if they do at all. I am on hrt, and that really helps, but i do still get sweaty and cold at the sametime too. Hope you get feeling better soon 's to you!
Unread 03-20-2007, 03:22 AM

I'm so sorry you're feeling yukky, but try not to worry too much ~ you're only 3 weeks post-op! It really is such early days.

As for your one lone ovary, even 2 ovaries can take up to a couple of months to sort themselves out. They can go into shock (fall asleep) or just get totally confused! Two weeks is a little optimistic.

Obviously have another chat with your doctor, but most things with this major surgery take months, not weeks, to sort themselves out. Hope you're feeling better real soon!

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 04:57 AM

Sorry you are feeling so yucky but you are only 3 weeks post op. I was having night sweats at week 2 and have both my ovaries. Mr dr said to wait a month and see if everything went back to normal. Tomorrow is 6 weeks post op and I still have my pms symptoms no menapausal symptoms as night sweats or hot flashes. Feel better.
Unread 03-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes, yes, yes !

Hi, sorry to hear you are not feeling great. I can sympathise with you as I am 3.5 weeks post op and things have been going along pretty well up until today! I woke up this morning and the room was spinning, I couldn't get out of bed for a while and when I did to go to the bathroom I almost passed out and felt really like I was going to throw up. I slept most of the day and now I can get up but I still do not feel right. I also had hot sweats which lasted almost to week two and they disappeared and now they're back again... This is normally the time that my period is due each month so I can only put it down to my ovaries (I kept 2)going into shock or something and not knowing what they're supposed to be doing. I hope they're having head spins like me Is your period due? Maybe this could be the reason. I hope you feel better soon my best wishes to you.
Unread 03-20-2007, 06:42 AM

((hugs)) to you! You already know I think it stinks that you're having these issues, and I really hope your Dr can help you with it when you see him! Maybe it's time you went on the Hormones? I've been on hormones since the day after my surgery (3/6) and I still have my days when I wake up in the middle of the night, absolutely sweating, but maybe the hormones are the way to go!

I hope you get it all straightened out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register